W2

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
UPSers.com slow for anyone else? It's super slow for me and I have DSL. It's not a problem on my end because I everything else I look at is fast.

UPSNewbie

I just plucked mine out of the mail box today. Though I had already looked it up the first night it was available on the website.

chev

Nightcrawler
:happy-very: Got mine off the website too. Still not gotten the one in the mail. But I don't care. I filed my taxes electronically last night. I'm actually getting a fair amount back, which seems strange since I claimed heavy deduction for 6 months to keep form having a big refund. Oh well. I'll take the dough and get that new American made couch. That is my way of stimulating the economy.:happy-very:

upsgrunt

Anyone who is, or was on UPS payroll, in 2008 will get a W2. It's the same rules as any other company in the nation.

upsgrunt

My question is: that program has got to be the easiest one to run at Payroll; why do they wait until the last legal day to postmark them? Is there ANY advantage to UPS to wait until the last possible moment as opposed to mailing them on January 2nd?

My question is: that program has got to be the easiest one to run at Payroll; why do they wait until the last legal day to postmark them? Is there ANY advantage to UPS to wait until the last possible moment as opposed to mailing them on January 2nd?
How many people work for UPS? I'm thinking it may take that long just to print out all the W2 forms. I received my early last week, does your last name start with a Z? I'm still waiting on some of my wife's stuff to come in to file.

upsgrunt

How many people work for UPS? I'm thinking it may take that long just to print out all the W2 forms. I received my early last week, does your last name start with a Z? I'm still waiting on some of my wife's stuff to come in to file.

My last name starts with an "A"- maybe they start from the middle?:happy2:

beentheredonethat

Not as easy as you think. If there are payroll corrections to be made, they have to make the payroll correction for the right year. Take for example, on the last paycheck you received in 2008 you were underpaid by 1 hr, and to keep simple let's say it was $20. When they pay you the additional 20 they have to pay you under teh old books of 2008, not under the new books for 2009. So they literally have to be running a 2008 payroll for corrections and simultaneously running the 2009 payroll. So between giving time for payroll corrections to be brought to their attention, then the time to fix them. It takes a bit of time to get the W2's out.

upsgrunt

I thought payroll corrections had to be made by the Monday following the payday error. I still don't believe that it takes 30 days to get the W2's out, but I could be wrong.