Wage Progression

ryeman

RYEMAN
Can anybody help my everyone I talk to seems to be confused on the wage progression. I have been driving for a year and just got my yearly raise to $16.80. What is the progression for a driver in progression is it the 2 yr plan, 2 1/2 yr plan or the 3 yr plan?

A

Anonymous D

old contract raises are 1yr, 2yr, and 2 1/2yr.... new contract 1yr, 2yr, and 3rd yr, top rate

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
Can anybody help my everyone I talk to seems to be confused on the wage progression. I have been driving for a year and just got my yearly raise to $16.80. What is the progression for a driver in progression is it the 2 yr plan, 2 1/2 yr plan or the 3 yr plan?

looks like you are on the 2 and half plan. I believe you will make 18.70 when you hit 2 years and top out after 2 and half mark.

bad company

semi-pro
You are on the same plan as me, 30 months.

14.70 start
15.75 seniority
16.80 12 months
18.70 24 months
top rate 30 months

I get my $1.05 raise to $16.80 in June. I can't wait for our $10+ raise once I hit the 30 mark. It will be December 1, 2009. Just in time for the peak season OT :)

John19841

I was told that all drivers currently under progression would be getting a raise to the rates in August when the new contract goes into effect. Supposedly, you will get the amount stated based upon when your seniority date was.

Old Contract:

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75
12 Months $16.80
24 Months $18.90
30 Months Top Rate

New Contract:

Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
12 Months $18.45
24 Months $20.75
36 Months Top Rate

For example, from what I was told, If you are a new driver (seniority) and are making $15.75 now, August 1st you will get a raise to $17.25 (unless of course you would be at the Seniority plus 12 months, then it would be that rate) And you would continue to follow the new contract wage progression. However, you would still top out in 30 months as opposed to 36 as defined in the new contract.
Don't know if it's true or not. It's just what I was told when hired.

bad company

semi-pro
I was told that all drivers currently under progression would be getting a raise to the rates in August when the new contract goes into effect. Supposedly, you will get the amount stated based upon when your seniority date was.

Old Contract:

Start $14.70
Seniority $15.75
12 Months $16.80
24 Months $18.90
30 Months Top Rate

New Contract:

Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
12 Months $18.45
24 Months $20.75
36 Months Top Rate

For example, from what I was told, If you are a new driver (seniority) and are making $15.75 now, August 1st you will get a raise to $17.25 (unless of course you would be at the Seniority plus 12 months, then it would be that rate) And you would continue to follow the new contract wage progression. However, you would still top out in 30 months as opposed to 36 as defined in the new contract.
Don't know if it's true or not. It's just what I was told when hired.

I don't think this is accurate, but if it was, I would definately not be complaining :greedy:

Ghost in the Darkness

According to the new contract drivers in progression (hired before the end of the old contract) will reach top rate 2 years from their driver seniority date. Its 3 years for any driver hired after August 1, 2008.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I think when you are in progression you stay under the rates of the contract in which you started. You don't get the yearly contractual raises either. When you get the $10 bump that's when you bring in donuts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I love when the new top seniority guys bring in doughnuts. I keep track of al the PT guys seniority just so I know when I can skip breakfast and expect doughnuts that day.

browniehound

You are on the same plan as me, 30 months.

14.70 start
15.75 seniority
16.80 12 months
18.70 24 months
top rate 30 months

I get my $1.05 raise to $16.80 in June. I can't wait for our $10+ raise once I hit the 30 mark. It will be December 1, 2009. Just in time for the peak season OT :)

The time you must wait to recieve top-rate can seem like an eternity. When I jumped to top rate it was only about a 4 dollar raise. I think I went from 18 and change to 22 and change.

Today, its worth the wait. Now you go from 18 or 19 to 28.14, and that is a serious bump up! First you are getting by on 18 bucks an hour and then suddenly one day you are making 28 bucks an hour for doing the same job!

We are talking 400 bucks a week not including overtime. I think that is just awesome. Its almost like you got another job but don't have to work it. For everone jumping from 18-28, congratulations! You deserve it.