Wal-Mart protesters arrested at Black Friday rallies

Nimnim

The Nim
I want to "like" this....but lucky charms not there

upschuck, if you mouse over where they were before they should pop up.

@tonyexpress it seems that none of the threads in the current events section have the "lucky charms" I checked the 5 most current threads in this section and didn't have the option myself.

Edit: it looks like none of the subforums under "Brown Café Community Center" has this option right now. I checked a few threads in each subforum to no avail.

Edit 2: looks like it's the same for the "The Competition" subforums as well. Seems like only the subforums under "Brown Cafe UPS Forum" has it.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First---you choose to work for Walmart.
Second --you are dopey enough to protest YOUR decision .:ban:
They chose to work there so they have no rights?
They have a right to ask for a raise and a right to protest against corporate abuse of workers. They also have a right to organize together and demand a fair wage. Walmart retaliates against employees who exercise this right.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They chose to work there so they have no rights?
They have a right to ask for a raise and a right to protest against corporate abuse of workers. They also have a right to organize together and demand a fair wage. Walmart retaliates against employees who exercise this right.
Which is WalMart's right.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Which is WalMart's right.
The NRLB disagrees with you.

The NLRB General Counsel, Richard Griffin, released a statement this afternoon saying his office had authorized complaints of workers’ rights violations after finding merits in several allegations filed with the NLRB. If no settlement is reached in these cases, his office will prosecute.

Among those instances in which his office found merit:
* Walmart stores in California and Texas, Walmart unlawfully threatened employees with reprisal if they engaged in strikes and protests on November 22, 2012.
* Walmart stores in California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas and Washington unlawfully threatened, disciplined, and/or terminated employees for having engaged in legally protected strikes and protests.
* Walmart stores in California, Florida, Missouri and Texas unlawfully threatened, surveilled, disciplined, and/or terminated employees in anticipation of or in response to employees’ other protected concerted activities.

http://consumerist.com/2013/11/18/n...leged-retaliation-against-protesting-workers/