wallet checks...?

deathracer

i heard they might start doing these at our hub can they?
can we tell security gaurd they can not check what is in our wallet?
i usually have my wallet when on me no matter what. when walking through metal detector i keep it in my hand, today my friend was telling me they were checking his wallet like if he stole something, and that they started doing it to everyone walking out late.

over9five

Staff member
I would not let them go through my wallet. I would think this could lead to liability for the guard too. What if money was missing from your wallet after the search?

Was the guard alone while he was searching, or was LP there too?

deathracer

my friend told me that when they walked out the guard asked to scan his wallet after it beeped he showed them what beeped(coins) but to some ppl they told them to show their wallets(did not ask to scan). like i said this never has happened before and i dont know why the sudden change but it does seem a little extreme, i understand lunch bags or a purse but a wallet? im gonna ask my union rep tomorrow see what he says about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yet another reason I am so glad that I live up here in the middle of nowhere. Guard shack? Metal detector?

I do agree that a wallet check does cross the line and would only agree to one if there were a shop steward or another employee there with the guard while conducting the search. Perhaps the guard had a date that night and didn't have protection and was hoping you had some in your wallet.:wink2:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
they now have a sign up at our facility that you have to open up your cigarette boxes and take off all hats and bandannas

some1else

Banned
i still cant believe i have to be punched out when im searched (electronically with the metal detector) every day when i go home. its a small amount of time 10-15seconds but thats besides the point, if im "released from duty" why am i being searched by a ups security guard?

deathracer

they now have a sign up at our facility that you have to open up your cigarette boxes and take off all hats and bandannas
they have always had that since ive been at my hub, they make you shake your hoodie, or make you run it through the metal detector if it beeps its off to their metal detector wond, lol its funny how they have so much security when you walk out but when walking in they practically ignore you even when the metal detector goes off.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
they dont care if the guns comes in, just dont want you taking one out

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Here it depends on what security guards are on duty. Some of them take their job VERY seriously. Others not so much. I went to Philadelphia not long after I got hired and when we were coming back through security in the morning the guard's wand kept going off when she waved it across my back. She made me take my shirt off and it was still going off. She made me wait until she called her supe to clear me. She actually made the other driver take his dirty underwear out and shake them.