Want to stay home today?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nope. I call bs. No way.
Lmao. The safety commitee is what gets him his hours. That and he calls in everyday and asks for more work and they send him to help people. No one wants the hours so he gets them. Total runner gunner too skips all his break.

I don't know how he does it. The man is a machine and has more energy than anyone I have ever met. He starts drinking at clock out Friday and stops at about 2 am Sunday/Monday.

box_beeyotch

Lmao. The safety commitee is what gets him his hours. That and he calls in everyday and asks for more work and they send him to help people. No one wants the hours so he gets them. Total runner gunner too skips all his break.

I don't know how he does it. The man is a machine and has more energy than anyone I have ever met. He starts drinking at clock out Friday and stops at about 2 am Sunday/Monday.

Sounds like a champ.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I'm over 50k so far. No unpaid days off yet this year. Still have 2 weeks vacation and 4 option days left. Average about 50/52 hrs a week

It's not fun though in this heat and humidity

Cementups

Box Monkey
I love this. Wouldn't be able to make it happen. They COULD make it happen if they held up their end of the contract. But they know a huge portion of drivers will just go or stay home, so they don't need to honor 8 HR days.

You're right, the could have tried to give me my 8 but I made it easier for them by taking the day. And even if I went in and they didn't get me out in 8.5 (as agreed to by the contract) I would have had no problem filing a grievance as I have done so in the past. In our supplement 8 grievances pay 2 hours of penalty pay. Normally I take my 8 days just to take them but today I had an appointment to be at so I took the safe route and just took the day off. Other times I take my 8 hour days just to take them, and if they don't give it to me, I work, I file on it, I get paid. Easy peasy.

Overpaid Union Thug

Runner and gunner? And he wants more hours! Hell just tell him to show down! LOL!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
The less I make at UPS, the happier I am. No OT? No problem. Most people are selfish and built around money and buying stuff. Funny how that works.

I think it's all about balance. If your life is in order, stress is not as harsh. I'd rather work now and save and plan than play catch up at the end. I'm happiest when I know my family is secure and taken care of.

I'm more built around saving so when the day comes, it will give me freedom to make choices that I want to pursue. And making sure my kids have more clear and solid opportunity to have a great start in their lives.

You have to know in the end what you're working for.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think it's all about balance. If your life is in order, stress is not as harsh. I'd rather work now and save and plan than play catch up at the end. I'm happiest when I know my family is secure and taken care of.

I'm more built around saving so when the day comes, it will give me freedom to make choices that I want to pursue. And making sure my kids have more clear and solid opportunity to have a great start in their lives.

You have to know in the end what you're working for.
Balance, yes. The post I responded to was referring to drivers in package cars doing near 60 hours a week in the summer. I have no problem with others wanting it, but there isn't much to life outside of weekends.

Off topic rambling, (not really though?) - I never quite understood why UPS and the Teamsters could or have not discussed four day, 10+? hour/day for a few bid drivers. I would definitely go for that...four long days on, three long days off is work/life balance. Also could maybe help solve some of the 9.5/excessive OT lists and grievances.

Balance, yes. The post I responded to was referring to drivers in package cars doing near 60 hours a week in the summer. I have no problem with others wanting it, but there isn't much to life outside of weekends.

Off topic rambling, (not really though?) - I never quite understood why UPS and the Teamsters could or have not discussed four day, 10+? hour/day for a few bid drivers. I would definitely go for that...four long days on, three long days off is work/life balance. Also could maybe help solve some of the 9.5/excessive OT lists and grievances.
We had a few 4x10 bids. Nobody took them