Warning letter

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
They send all warning letters via USPS registered mail here. If I know one is coming I tell my wife not to answer the door when the postal worker shows up. What warning letter?
Do they ask for a signature? I just got told I was getting one for missing a pickup that had one ground package.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
My Local leadership is far from in bed with the company.

The local rank and file has many problems in this area however.

Weak and afraid members are a problem.

Disagree..It always all starts at the top..

The state of our Union has everything to do with maintaining their status quo and appeasing corporations, every 5 years they do their typical dog and pony show of asking for a strike authorization vote with no intention of ever using it!!

I remember that when Carey was ousted.. UPS provided a statement about that hey had no issue about working with Hoffa, and they have been “working” with Hoffa over the last 20 plus as the membership slowly drifted into apathy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Disagree..It always all starts at the top..

The state of our Union has everything to do with maintaining their status quo and appeasing corporations, every 5 years they do their typical dog and pony show of asking for a strike authorization vote with no intention of ever using it!!

I remember that when Carey was ousted.. UPS provided a statement about that hey had no issue about working with Hoffa, and they have been “working” with Hoffa over the last 20 plus as the membership slowly drifted into apathy.
We can agree to disagree then.

In a representative democracy it is majority rule.

Union members who complain about something they have a right to do something about and do nothing but point the finger are a blight to the Union and they definitely make things more difficult for even the best Local Officials.

Strong Unions and strong Leaders come from strong memberships.

If the membership was even a little stronger the past contract may have been handled a bit differently.

Unfortunately the weak membership caused the 2/3 majority to be used as opposed to a simple majority.

DELACROIX

We can agree to disagree then.

In a representative democracy it is majority rule.

Union members who complain about something they have a right to do something about and do nothing but point the finger are a blight to the Union and they definitely make things more difficult for even the best Local Officials.

Strong Unions and strong Leaders come from strong memberships.

If the membership was even a little stronger the past contract may have been handled a bit differently.

Unfortunately the weak membership caused the 2/3 majority to be used as opposed to a simple majority.

And who applied that 2/3 majority vote? The contract was voted DOWN by the voting membership. Do you still remember the statement by UPS when they found out that the contract did not pass? They clearly indicated that they were willing to go back to the table, that did not happen because the Leadership did not want to be bothered or decided the matter long before the final vote.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And who applied that 2/3 majority vote? The contract was voted DOWN by the voting membership. Do you still remember the statement by UPS when they found out that the contract did not pass? They clearly indicated that they were willing to go back to the table, that did not happen because the Leadership did not want to be bothered or decided the matter long before the final vote.
I understand your position however, I agree with the Teamster leadership use of the 2/3 majority.

I don’t agree with the apathy of all the non-voting members especially the non-voting full-timers.

Complainers will complain and usually do nothing.

What Union position have you held?

DELACROIX

I understand your position however, I agree with the Teamster leadership use of the 2/3 majority.

I don’t agree with the apathy of all the non-voting members especially the non-voting full-timers.

Complainers will complain and usually do nothing.

What Union position have you held?

Too late in the game for me to run for anything.. let us say that I have been heavily involved since the late eighties and been a Union loyalist for over 44 years.

I often heard that you never bad mouth the Union which to some degree I understand the principle, but if you see incompetent or corruption are we all going to look the other way or roll with the flow? That is what is killing the Union(s) today, they lost their original mission statements, now the leadership never stands up to make a stand or even takes the high ground and anybody left behind LOL...it has become a “Cut and Run” outfit with everybody looking for Number Uno which means in some circles “a good teamster” or a “good olde boy”...

It is slowly becoming an organization of the (Haves) and the (Have Nots). The very nature of “brother ship “ or “sister-ship” has been replaced by “what’s it for me”