Warning letter

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I've never seen a warning letter in my life but I'm sure it goes
-Always file art 37 on everything forever. This at the very least establishes that you protested it in the past even if the warning letter is 10 years old. Paper vs. Paper evidence kind of deal.
-On top of this you can mention if the methods in violation are unclear or unknown and are unaware of which adjustment is to be made.

and the grievances
(specific articles) and all applicable, in this case: 17 and 37
-a body which establishes who what when where why and explains the points above ^
-Requests for records, discussions and/or clarifications with supervisors and text.

And if you really want to win a grievance. you can then get your stewards and other representatives involved in collecting the requested information, documented discussions with other buddies well before the panel hearing.

It's really about how much you want to play defense. From what I've read, warning letters are toilet paper and you don't worry much about them.
No employee shall be terminated in our area without first being issued a warning letter (except for a few exceptions listed in Art 17 CR).
So with that being the language protecting employees from termination at will by rogue management ... Who would do such a thing?...then the warning letter is the first step in progressive discipline and does mean something.

It's the "Check" before the "Checkmate". And you'd better take it seriously.

Ghost in the Darkness

I have never gotten a warning letter but if I did I would grieve it. If they mail one to me then I grieve it as harassment. No reason they can't just give it to you at work.

quad decade guy

I have never gotten a warning letter but if I did I would grieve it. If they mail one to me then I grieve it as harassment. No reason they can't just give it to you at work.
They don't give them to you at work.....because you can refuse them. If you refuse it....you never got it....

Now, they used to send them signature required.....but you could just refuse to be there or not go get it.

So, now they send it whether you read it or not and somehow that's that. They do inform you by verbal in the office and by signing your Pittsburgh form.

Again here, you cannot get the letter removed in any way....at least that's been my experience in 40 years. I've had a few.....protest yes....I believe is automatic here but largely symbolic. I was told (by a fellow worker the other day) that the BA just said "It'll be off in 9 months...."

Zowert

They send all warning letters via USPS registered mail here. If I know one is coming I tell my wife not to answer the door when the postal worker shows up. What warning letter?

542thruNthru

They send all warning letters via USPS registered mail here. If I know one is coming I tell my wife not to answer the door when the postal worker shows up. What warning letter?
Don't matter. The post office sends a Letter to the company confirming they got the letter and that it's scheduled to be delivered. After that the company doesn't care because they fulfilled their end of the contractual agreement.

Don't matter. The post office sends a Letter to the company confirming they got the letter and that it's scheduled to be delivered. After that the company doesn't care because they fulfilled their end of the contractual agreement.
They send all of ours registered mail also.
Unbelievable how much money they waste on that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

They don't give them to you at work.....because you can refuse them. If you refuse it....you never got it....

Now, they used to send them signature required.....but you could just refuse to be there or not go get it.

So, now they send it whether you read it or not and somehow that's that. They do inform you by verbal in the office and by signing your Pittsburgh form.

Again here, you cannot get the letter removed in any way....at least that's been my experience in 40 years. I've had a few.....protest yes....I believe is automatic here but largely symbolic. I was told (by a fellow worker the other day) that the BA just said "It'll be off in 9 months...."
Yup- 9 months.