watch your back

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Incorrect. In a neighboring Center a driver with over 20 years seniority was recently terminated for signing for a package that the customer claimed not to recieve,and denied the signature. A quick audit of his records showed almost 40 stops with the same signature....... He said 'it's the only way i can make my numbers' ............ Management is showing signs they may drop the termination before it goes to panel. and yeah the driver is an IDIOT

So I was right---the one instance was not enough to justify termination---it was the 40 others that sealed the deal. He does sound like an IDIOT.

Buck Fifty

Were to start. my manger would stroke me, telling me its ok to do this and that. and he did a great job of setting me up. its my fault to for being taken in by him. but when it came time to let me go he sat there with a stupid smile on his face as they walked me out the door. than the union thanks for taking my dues every month you were really there to help me get my job back. the hearing that lasted all of 5 mins ,and you said there was nothing you could do. but all those backroom deals you make is so funny. again it is part my fault for not keeping my own paper trail . the union protects the lazy worker again my fault for going out there and always doing 160-180 deliveries a day. lazy gets to stay and work. havent worked since i was let go . the union i was in is a joke the B A collects a nice fat salary for doing nothing.

The BA cant do nothing about Stupid. If you quit blaming everybody else, and take responsibility for the stupidity, you'll come out with your job.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So I was right---the one instance was not enough to justify termination---it was the 40 others that sealed the deal. He does sound like an IDIOT.
no,he was terminated for the consignee that claimed non receipt of the package. The company has been taking its time on deciding whether or not to take the case to the panel due to the 40 other signatures he made.
I hate people such as this,makes the rest of us look bad

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I've said it before, no one ever got fired for doing their job.

Oh yes they do. UPS likes to have it both ways. The want the numbers then they want perfection, but, only perfection when you don't make your numbers. Nobody's terms and conditions of employment required them to be perfect. The words "fair day pay for a fair days work" says it all. Does anyone know what the word "fair" means? It means being reasonable.

What's reasonable about letting employees go on making errors at a rate that doesn't lead to discipline then make them pivot to a perfection standards, instantly. Its just grossly unfair. UPS time standards can not on a regular bases be done without cutting corners. Drivers are constantly pressure to do more faster and cheating becomes the standard of compliance even when UPS hides behind there reams of procedures and methods.

Signing for packages is a no no for so many reasons but his manager knew about it and accepted it. Management profited by the package getting delivered on the 1st attempt. That's why they turned the other cheek. The only reason for this termination is because someone OUTSIDE the company (my guess) made a fuss. Its the same with speeding, pre-sheeting, idle while delivering, working through lunches, and many many other areas that management KNOWS full well they are gaining profit from and the worker is "technically non-compliant." The most important method UPS uses is, The Wink and Nod.

A company with so much data on the minute by minute activities of there workers and doesn't raise a fuss until something bad happens is not a credible position that they are applying fair standards for all employees. Its amoral to accept only the upside and scrap off your shoes the workers that get caught in the middle.

Last edited: