WC question plz help

I hope this is the right forum for this question but anyway. I was hurt over a year and half ago. Two weeks ago my doctor told me I had reached maximum medical improvment and I would not be able to go back to my preload job.

Now my problem is while I wait for the doctors report to get to the insurance company and from there to ups to see if there is any job I can still do with the compnay the insurance company stoped paying me.

Im told it could take 2-3 months till I find out if I can work again or have to be retrained for a new job. In the meantime I am not getting any money and have no idea how im suposse to eat, pay rent, take care of my dogs and my new baby on they way.

In the 20 months Iv been out of work I have made less then 14K so at this point I have nooooo savings as Iv had to crunch just to survive on the 800 a month they game me.

Can anyone please help I would really like eat something today and tomorrow but more importantly I dont want my dogs to starv or my baby not to get what it will need

any advice on how I can stay afloat till I go back to work or get a settelment would be great

Thanks all

dillweed

Not many light weight jobs at UPS. Go out and get anything you can right now, flipping burgers or whatever.

Meanwhile, check out your local vocational rehab office to see if they can help. In our area they offer training and so forth to individuals in your situation.

Best of luck

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Is this a work comp injury or disability off job?
What is the reason for the payments stopping, I have not had experience with long term injuries but I have not heard of work comp stopping payments. If its disability off job you should go from the short term policy to the long term which should not take that long to get that done, I would be following up with both your insurance person on your case and your local union(business agent or higher, stewards will most likely not be able to help you). Then talk to your center manager and or DM to find out imediately if they have a job for you or not.

Sounds to me like an insurance company trying to save themselves a bit of money!!

Your local unionmay be able to point you to some financial help in the mean time!!

If all else fails consult a lawyer!!

P

pickup

I hope this is the right forum for this question but anyway. I was hurt over a year and half ago. Two weeks ago my doctor told me I had reached maximum medical improvment and I would not be able to go back to my preload job.

Now my problem is while I wait for the doctors report to get to the insurance company and from there to ups to see if there is any job I can still do with the compnay the insurance company stoped paying me.

Im told it could take 2-3 months till I find out if I can work again or have to be retrained for a new job. In the meantime I am not getting any money and have no idea how im suposse to eat, pay rent, take care of my dogs and my new baby on they way.

In the 20 months Iv been out of work I have made less then 14K so at this point I have nooooo savings as Iv had to crunch just to survive on the 800 a month they game me.

Can anyone please help I would really like eat something today and tomorrow but more importantly I dont want my dogs to starv or my baby not to get what it will need

any advice on how I can stay afloat till I go back to work or get a settelment would be great

Thanks all

this is only a possible potential solution. But look into food stamps. It sounds like you would qualify based on your low income. Lord knows, everyone else seems to have them.

And while you are waiting for the food stamps paperwork to clear, hit the food pantries in your area and see what you can get your hands on.