"We are the union"

Whither

Scofflaw
The thing about this phrase is it can ring true or false depending on who says it. For example, in the mouth of a BA who has no fight and monotones "The members are the union" vs. a fiery hourly who has a grip on the book and wants their coworkers to enforce this contract and to insist on getting a much better one in 2023.

I had a good talk with the highest seniority driver in my center about the damn cams. I told him what I relayed in the thread The IBT on the cameras. I added, look, I know you spent more than 2 decades under Hoffa Jr. And while the new IBT leadership has been saying the right things, I know they have deep ties in the recent past to Hoffa. All we have are promises, but we need results. So we've gotta band together and hold their feet to the fire -- we pay the dues! He loved it. And for the record, I'd be happy to be pay more dues to a strong, fighting union.

I would encourage any Teamster who still has some fight left in them to do the "work." Let's see if we can't light a fire among our brothers and sisters, get them to take some legit pride in being a Teamster, and sacrifice some free time to build camaraderie and spread knowledge and inspiration in our ranks. It can start with a cup of coffee or a pint of beer. I'm tired of idle complaints. Let's do the little things while we swing for the fences. It's our union and UPS has no excuse!

Heavy Package

Teamsters vs. UPS 2023!!!!

1652874439832.png

UPSER1987

Just trying to spark up the troops lol. Gonna need more than long posts to the 13 members on this forum to make that happen…you guys don’t even help a brother/sister out on this forum. Nobody’s going to sacrifice anything or do any extra “work”. That’s the one thing UPS CAN count on.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The thing about this phrase is it can ring true or false depending on who says it. For example, in the mouth of a BA who has no fight and monotones "The members are the union" vs. a fiery hourly who has a grip on the book and wants their coworkers to enforce this contract and to insist on getting a much better one in 2023.

I had a good talk with the highest seniority driver in my center about the damn cams. I told him what I relayed in the thread The IBT on the cameras. I added, look, I know you spent more than 2 decades under Hoffa Jr. And while the new IBT leadership has been saying the right things, I know they have deep ties in the recent past to Hoffa. All we have are promises, but we need results. So we've gotta band together and hold their feet to the fire -- we pay the dues! He loved it. And for the record, I'd be happy to be pay more dues to a strong, fighting union.

I would encourage any Teamster who still has some fight left in them to do the "work." Let's see if we can't light a fire among our brothers and sisters, get them to take some legit pride in being a Teamster, and sacrifice some free time to build camaraderie and spread knowledge and inspiration in our ranks. It can start with a cup of coffee or a pint of beer. I'm tired of idle complaints. Let's do the little things while we swing for the fences. It's our union and UPS has no excuse!
Blah...Blah... Blah...Blah
Yeah man! Raise dues! Throw more money at it. That will get you better representation. Ask any dimocrat.
Fight? Work?
Come on , Baby, light my fire! -Jim Morrison (He's dead)

Thank you Big Brown! Can I have another?
End of your bulls:censored2:t cup of coffee.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Just trying to spark up the troops lol. Gonna need more than long posts to the 13 members on this forum to make that happen…you guys don’t even help a brother/sister out on this forum. Nobody’s going to sacrifice anything or do any extra “work”. That’s the one thing UPS CAN count on.

The overwhelming O'Brien victory kind of destroys your argument.

Granted only 17 percent of the total Teamster membership voted but those you voted clearly wanted a change. Face it those Hoffa years where the Company's dream come true, James was only put into office to prevent a nation wide strike and maintain the Union's Status Quo's illusion of past glory years.

Even with a possible recession in 2023 the table is set, if the worst happens UPS has to settle this next contract as soon as possible. Any hint of any work stoppage will force the Feds to take over and start digging into their past labor practices, bottom line would be that the economy can not afford a prolong strike action by any major corporation in America currently and in the future. A lock out by the company is not plausible considering their increasing profits and stock growth.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

A journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. If you weren't management, I'd tell you to straighten up and get with the program.

Integrity

Binge Poster

@Whither,

The Union consists of the rank and file and the officials/leaders.

Are you simply in the rank and file or do you have a position with the Union?

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Shouldn’t they be the same?
In a lot of crafts, yes. On the railroad the chairmen, treasurers, and stewards are all active operating engineers/conductors. You’d be hard-pressed to understand what in the hell this work occurs and what discipline access to it means unless you are currently working in a position.

At UPS, I’ll let you guys decide, but I believe that because of the extremely large amount of company grievances and employees, there comes a need for “union delegates“ for people who may have done the job previously, been fired even, but now work solely for the members. Keyword “for“

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The overwhelming O'Brien victory kind of destroys your argument.

Granted only 17 percent of the total Teamster membership voted but those you voted clearly wanted a change. Face it those Hoffa years where the Company's dream come true, James was only put into office to prevent a nation wide strike and maintain the Union's Status Quo's illusion of past glory years.

Even with a possible recession in 2023 the table is set, if the worst happens UPS has to settle this next contract as soon as possible. Any hint of any work stoppage will force the Feds to take over and start digging into their past labor practices, bottom line would be that the economy can not afford a prolong strike action by any major corporation in America currently and in the future. A lock out by the company is not plausible considering their increasing profits and stock growth.
Just like “last, best and final offer”…. Yep, that sure worked out as planned.