"We are the union"

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
In a lot of crafts, yes. On the railroad the chairmen, treasurers, and stewards are all active operating engineers/conductors. You’d be hard-pressed to understand what in the hell this work occurs and what discipline access to it means unless you are currently working in a position.

At UPS, I’ll let you guys decide, but I believe that because of the extremely large amount of company grievances and employees, there comes a need for “union delegates“ for people who may have done the job previously, been fired even, but now work solely for the members. Keyword “for“
We could call them "Business Agents"???

Thebrownblob

Really.

Wonder what I've been doing here for the last 16 years....
I believe some of our members have a misunderstanding of what can and can’t be done. The same as some on management side. I’ve been asked to leave the room many times when the labor manager explains to a Center Manager what he’s asking for is not possible.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Shouldn’t they be the same?
I don’t know but in my Teamster Local.
Shop Stewards are rank and file paid Union Positions,

Executive Board are full time positions with the Local(I believe they go on leave of absence for this).

Convention delegates can go either way, sometimes rank and file get the spots and sometimes E Board members get the spots.

Thebrownblob

Thank goodness the Teamsters are handing UPS, never mind...
1653066361522.jpeg

What'dyabringmetoday???

How is your Ny pension fund doing ?

Maybe you should have listened to my advice earlier.... and got involved.
It's funny that you are supposedly some big deal Teamster guy, yet want to see a Teamster pension fund fail. At least is seems that way. All is well though because your Democaratic friends are bailing out these funds.

Thebrownblob

Did a strike a nerve? I bet you never comment on how Biden is doing things...
No nerves struck brother, you can search my history. I’m not super Partisan but I’m also not someone who won’t call people out. My reply to you was dead serious, Not sarcastic. We have democratically elected officials if you’re not happy with the ones running your local roll up your sleeves and get er done.

Thebrownblob

It's funny that you are supposedly some big deal Teamster guy, yet want to see a Teamster pension fund fail. At least is seems that way. All is well though because your Democaratic friends are bailing out these funds.
None of us are big deals, we’re just Teamsters. One of the few things I think the Democrats have done correctly is help these pension funds. Remember they had no problem bailing out billionaires, none of us are billionaires.