"We are the union"

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I don’t know but in my Teamster Local.
Shop Stewards are rank and file paid Union Positions,

Executive Board are full time positions with the Local(I believe they go on leave of absence for this).

Convention delegates can go either way, sometimes rank and file get the spots and sometimes E Board members get the spots.
Stewards are rank and file where I was. Only difference was they would be the last to get laid off. I believe.

charm299

The overwhelming O'Brien victory kind of destroys your argument.

Granted only 17 percent of the total Teamster membership voted but those you voted clearly wanted a change. Face it those Hoffa years where the Company's dream come true, James was only put into office to prevent a nation wide strike and maintain the Union's Status Quo's illusion of past glory years.

Even with a possible recession in 2023 the table is set, if the worst happens UPS has to settle this next contract as soon as possible. Any hint of any work stoppage will force the Feds to take over and start digging into their past labor practices, bottom line would be that the economy can not afford a prolong strike action by any major corporation in America currently and in the future. A lock out by the company is not plausible considering their increasing profits and stock growth.
I hate to be the one to tell you but the recession has already started

What'dyabringmetoday???

No nerves struck brother, you can search my history. I’m not super Partisan but I’m also not someone who won’t call people out. My reply to you was dead serious, Not sarcastic. We have democratically elected officials if you’re not happy with the ones running your local roll up your sleeves and get er done.
I'll pass. But I believe it is my right to have an opinion on how they do things. Think about that before you respond though...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's funny that you are supposedly some big deal Teamster guy, yet want to see a Teamster pension fund fail. At least is seems that way.

Perception is everything.

My crack about your pension fund, is more inline with the braggart (who's name I won't mention) that tried

to convince us he would be receiving $5500 a month from your fund.... until they made cuts.

Oops.

None of us are big deals, we’re just Teamsters.

Exactly.

you must have had been the one with a nerve struck, because you can only complain not lead.

But I believe it is my right to have an opinion on how they do things.

Unfortunately, there are too may "Monday morning quarterbacks" that feel they have a right to second guess

everything.... and only offer opinions that suit their narrative or personal concerns. :censored2: everybody else.

-Bug-

What'dyabringmetoday???

Perception is everything.

My crack about your pension fund, is more inline with the braggart (who's name I won't mention) that tried

to convince us he would be receiving $5500 a month from your fund.... until they made cuts.

Oops.

Exactly.

Unfortunately, there are too may "Monday morning quarterbacks" that feel they have a right to second guess

everything.... and only offer opinions that suit their narrative or personal concerns. :censored2: everybody else.

-Bug-
So that's why you always post positive things about Biden? Got it.

542thruNthru

Lol. Don’t flatter yourself bud.
Funny coming from a PT sup that lies constantly about what job he actually holds at UPS. First you were a driver and when you weren't accepted here with that lie you moved on to telling everyone in the partners forum how you've done "everything"

You're a sad little man.

Thebrownblob

So if you are unhappy with the United States President, you run against him- correct? That's what I thought.
If I thought I had a chance sure, if you have enough support in your local should have no problem getting votes. If you don’t have support well then I think you know the answer. Local union elections are completely grassroots, try to keep up.