We did it!!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Peak isnt done yet and those who think it it is are foolish to think that.
Peak is all year. If you dont have enough work they increase it by 3 hrs. That is why drivers have no morale. Yes the money is nice, but it would not be so hard to work 60, if we got a 40 here and there instead of 50 all year. Next come the furniture, and end of year spending. It never ever ends.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd love 50 all year at half a driver's rate.
Sadly, peak is pretty much over for us part timers loading feeders. I've gotten 50+ hours a week for a month now with the doubles and weekend shifts. Soon I'll be back to 25 or less. What can you do, I take it when I can get it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
What I have noticed, take it any way you wish. When I was part time, as you are I wanted more. Now I got more than ever, and I want less. Nature of the beast to want what you dont have. Hope you get what you want, Merry Christmas!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'd love 50 all year at half a driver's rate.
Sadly, peak is pretty much over for us part timers loading feeders. I've gotten 50+ hours a week for a month now with the doubles and weekend shifts. Soon I'll be back to 25 or less. What can you do, I take it when I can get it.

Be careful what you wish for.
Stay in school.
Merry Christmas

Feeders101

We are going to have a lot of unhappy customers. Service failures do not equate to good customer service. We did good considering. If upper management can't do a better job of forecasting volume projections than this, then we're in trouble. And it wasn't just the weather. It was piss pour planning...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I talked with a management big wig and told him that it seems every year volume projections are off at least 10 to 15 percent so why not add that amount in the peak plans. He told me that they did that but the wizards in Atlanta said they were being "overly optimistic." It seems wowed are being set upnto fail at the highest levels. Glad I only got a few more years to go.

By peak I meant the Christmas rush. Overtime will never end at this company. And there will be some packages that did not get delivered before Christmas for one reason or another. The difference is when routes are cut and crazy splits made, we can file nine five greivances.
The main point of my post was to say "Merry Christmas" and "Happy New Year" to everyone.

jaker

trolling
And next year will be the same as this year but just a Little more messed up

It gets worst ever year and nobody in a suit can see that

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And next year will be the same as this year but just a Little more messed up

It gets worst ever year and nobody in a suit can see that

Suppose UPS plans all year for a 10% increase over this year and on Dec. 1st Jeff Bezos decides to shift all of his volume over to FedEx. All of that time spent planning and resources put in place would be for naught.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Suppose UPS plans all year for a 10% increase over this year and on Dec. 1st Jeff Bezos decides to shift all of his volume over to FedEx. All of that time spent planning and resources put in place would be for naught.
Then FedEx will drop the ball.
This trend toward internet shopping is not going to subside.
It is going to expand into every day life, year round, to most every home.
UPS needs to decide if they want to dominate the home shopping shipping market or just be happy with what they can handle through their aging infrastructure.
I've long contended that UPS needs to expand its fleet, facilities and staffing and endure lower margins in order to position themselves for the future that is home shopping.
Instead we bolster the Post Office with "less desirable" packages when we could be embracing them and watching them become exponentially more profitable when the delivery goes from one piece to several.
All businesses have an element of risk when prognosticating what the future will bring.
I fear this company is presently bleeding the system for every penny it can get to satisfy the NYSE, rather than positioning itself for the changing market place.

We are called United Parcel Service, but this peak we would be more apply named United Parcial Service and don't think people will forget it as they go through their holiday empty handed with a meaningless guarantee.

over9five

Staff member
Then FedEx will drop the ball.
This trend toward internet shopping is not going to subside.
It is going to expand into every day life, year round, to most every home.
UPS needs to decide if they want to dominate the home shopping shipping market or just be happy with what they can handle through their aging infrastructure.
I've long contended that UPS needs to expand its fleet, facilities and staffing and endure lower margins in order to position themselves for the future that is home shopping.
Instead we bolster the Post Office with "less desirable" packages when we could be embracing them and watching them become exponentially more profitable when the delivery goes from one piece to several.
All businesses have an element of risk when prognosticating what the future will bring.
I fear this company is presently bleeding the system for every penny it can get to satisfy the NYSE, rather than positioning itself for the changing market place.

We are called United Parcel Service, but this peak we would be more apply named United Parcial Service and don't think people will forget it as they go through their holiday empty handed with a meaningless guarantee.
+1000