We Need Jimmy Hoffa Sr.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Unfortunately, he isn't available. His son is proof that the fruit doesn't necessarily fall close to the family tree. Instead of a wussy (insert a "p") at the helm, we need a firebrand like real Hoffa, a scrappy little A-hole that wasn't afraid to take on the Smiths and Waltons of the world. Sure, he never should have made loans from the CSP fund, but corruption aside, Mister Hoffa was force to be reckoned with. A charismatic man on a mission.

A reincarnation of Hoffa is the kick in the ass the IBT needs to start drawing new membership and putting some fear into the CEOs who run this country right now. Eff them, and start bringing the Teamsters back to life. It needs to start somewhere, and FedEx seems to be a good choice to begin a campaign.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think Hoffa Sr. would be ashamed of his son and what the union movement has become. Hoffa Jr. seems to think that UPS and a few trucking companies are all that he needs...wrong. The global economy, GOP activism, and union complacency have all combined to make unions an endangered species. Without strong leadership, unions will go the way of the dinosaur. And to you suck-ups and closet Repubicans who say "unions are no longer relevant", the concentration of wealth in the upper 1% exceeds that of the late 1920's. the era of the Robber Barons and oligopolies.

Dex01

Banned
And to you suck-ups and closet Repubicans who say "unions are no longer relevant", the concentration of wealth in the upper 1% exceeds that of the late 1920's

Help me out here. Can you please name one pro-union piece of legislation that the Democrats have pushed through congress in the last 30 years? In fact, if I'm not mistaken, there were some measures past during the Carter administration that were extremely hostile to union organizing. Yes, the dismantling began in earnest under Reagan, but ultimately neither member of the two party system has done the labor movement any favors in the past 30 plus years. So, your anger with Republicans may be slightly misguided.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I think Hoffa Sr. would be ashamed of his son and what the union movement has become. Hoffa Jr. seems to think that UPS and a few trucking companies are all that he needs...wrong. The global economy, GOP activism, and union complacency have all combined to make unions an endangered species. Without strong leadership, unions will go the way of the dinosaur. And to you suck-ups and closet Repubicans who say "unions are no longer relevant", the concentration of wealth in the upper 1% exceeds that of the late 1920's. the era of the Robber Barons and oligopolies.
And what are you doing to help unionize Fred Ex?

Every time I talk to a Fed Ex Express driver about unionizing I get looked at like I am from the moon.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
...who also got :censored2: done...while he would be completely out of touch with today's business environ there was no denying his ability to get :censored2: done.

It certainly helps to have an army of heartless murderers in your employ.

I just enjoy the ironic spectacle of MF's histrionic stupid logic. MF's admiration of Hoffa screams, "Fred S is evil because he won't pay me more. I wish Hoffa, with his complete lack of morals and his brigade of hired killers, was here to do something to Fred."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It certainly helps to have an army of heartless murderers in your employ.

I just enjoy the ironic spectacle of MF's histrionic stupid logic. MF's admiration of Hoffa screams, "Fred S is evil because he won't pay me more. I wish Hoffa, with his complete lack of morals and his brigade of hired killers, was here to do something to Fred."

Hoffa was a very effective organizer and leader...he got things done. If you could read, in my original post I make reference to the fact that Hoffa did make illegal loans and that he was no saint. However, he accomplished his goal of organizing workers. Please cite your source for the "hired killers".

This is a shining example of how Fed Smith and FedEx use the history of Hoffa as a reason why we shouldn't have a union...they are "bad", "evil", and "mob-connected". I laid the bait for you in the OP, and you took it hook, line, and sinker like the good little lackey you are. 'Hey, that stupid MFE just gave me an opportunity to dredge-up the tired old FedEx anti-union tirade". Good boy, Dano, because you behaved just like the trained pet you are. Your response is straight out of the corporate playbook. "Keep out the evil union so we can pay you crap wages and benefits". You could have been one of Pavlov's dogs.

I admire Hoffa for his leadership and willingness to mix it up with Big Business. He was charismatic, effective, and well-liked by IBT members. We need a modern equivalent that can motivate both the union and individuals. Thanks for taking the bait.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
...who also got :censored2: done...while he would be completely out of touch with today's business environ there was no denying his ability to get :censored2: done.

That was my point...he got it done. My second point was to dig a hole and cover it over with a blanket and leaves, and see what fell in. Dano did...again.

59 Dano

Hoffa was a very effective organizer and leader...he got things done. If you could read, in my original post I make reference to the fact that Hoffa did make illegal loans and that he was no saint. However, he accomplished his goal of organizing workers. Please cite your source for the "hired killers".

The mafia. You know, the recipients of the illegal loans.

There is nothing about your Hoffa comments that isn't true about Hitler or Mussolini. "If you ignore all of their faults, they weren't bad!"

This is a shining example of how Fed Smith and FedEx use the history of Hoffa as a reason why we shouldn't have a union...they are "bad", "evil", and "mob-connected". I laid the bait for you in the OP, and you took it hook, line, and sinker like the good little lackey you are. 'Hey, that stupid MFE just gave me an opportunity to dredge-up the tired old FedEx anti-union tirade". Good boy, Dano, because you behaved just like the trained pet you are. Your response is straight out of the corporate playbook. "Keep out the evil union so we can pay you crap wages and benefits".

I didn't say anything about unions or unionizing FedEx.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The mafia. You know, the recipients of the illegal loans.

There is nothing about your Hoffa comments that isn't true about Hitler or Mussolini. "If you ignore all of their faults, they weren't bad!"

I didn't say anything about unions or unionizing FedEx.

Prove Hoffa hired killers. Comparing him to Hitler an Mussolini is just stupid. Is that the comparison Mattie told you to draw?

59 Dano

Prove Hoffa hired killers.

The mafia didn't murder anyone?

Comparing him to Hitler an Mussolini is just stupid.

I'm not comparing him to those guys, I'm poking fun at your logic (such as it is) that says anyone can be considered a good person if we ignore all of his faults.

I bet your college degree was in liberal arts or something like that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The mafia didn't murder anyone?

I'm not comparing him to those guys, I'm poking fun at your logic (such as it is) that says anyone can be considered a good person if we ignore all of his faults.

I bet your college degree was in liberal arts or something like that.

Oh, so now you're not comparing him to those guys. My degree is in BS Detection.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
People killed in alcohol related driving.

Smith

Hoffa Sr.

bbsam

Staff member
I was going to make a smart ass comment seeing that two of MFE's business heroes are deceased with the passing of James Oberstar, but this is rather troubling. Who is there to step up? I suggest folks stop pining for the deceased and get busy for the Elizabeth Warrens of politics.