We Need Jimmy Hoffa Sr.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I was going to make a smart ass comment seeing that two of MFE's business heroes are deceased with the passing of James Oberstar, but this is rather troubling. Who is there to step up? I suggest folks stop pining for the deceased and get busy for the Elizabeth Warrens of politics.
Uh, I didn't even know that Oberstar had passed away. Thanks for pointing that out Sam. Guess I need to pay closer attention.

Sent using BrownCafe App

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Years spent working with(paying-off) Congress
Smith: Many

As I said in an earlier thread, I guess you're just screwed. If Fred has the power and ability to buy off the entire federal government (that's your explanation of anything that doesn't go your way), there's nothing you can do about it. I guess you're just screwed.

EDIT: And the reason the IBT won't do anything? Fred pays off Hoffa. I guess you're just screwed.

I'm looking at an old thread about FedEx making the best place to work list. Guess how you figured we made that list? Fred paid the list people to be on there, and you also make an obligatory remark about Fred paying off the government. I guess you're just screwed, boy.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As I said in an earlier thread, I guess you're just screwed. If Fred has the power and ability to buy off the entire federal government (that's your explanation of anything that doesn't go your way), there's nothing you can do about it. I guess you're just screwed.

Maybe. But I still try.

59 Dano

No you're screwed, just not intelligent enough to know it. Fred's got your soul and your corporate apologist postings here prove it.

You're smart enough to know you're screwed. Something to be proud of, I guess.

As for my soul, nah. Fred gets my labor until someone else offers me a better deal.

59 Dano

What? Being paid to be a shill isn't a great deal?

He paid off all of the judges/juries that have ruled in his favor, he has paid off major TV networks to keep them from airing anything that's critical of him and to air puff pieces, he's paid off the IBT to keep it from organizing Express, he paid off a magazine (or whatever it was) to make sure FedEx was included in a "best places to work" list, he paid off the entire Congress (except for Oberstar), and he's paid off anyone who disagrees with you on a message board.

At least you're consistent in your stupidity.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He paid off all of the judges/juries that have ruled in his favor, he has paid off major TV networks to keep them from airing anything that's critical of him and to air puff pieces, he's paid off the IBT to keep it from organizing Express, he paid off a magazine (or whatever it was) to make sure FedEx was included in a "best places to work" list, he paid off the entire Congress (except for Oberstar), and he's paid off anyone who disagrees with you on a message board.

At least you're consistent in your stupidity.

Yes, he did all of that. And, yes, you are a lackey shillbot.

Serf

It certainly helps to have an army of heartless murderers in your employ.

I just enjoy the ironic spectacle of MF's histrionic stupid logic. MF's admiration of Hoffa screams, "Fred S is evil because he won't pay me more. I wish Hoffa, with his complete lack of morals and his brigade of hired killers, was here to do something to Fred."

Got to love Liberal Logic.

Help me out here. Can you please name one pro-union piece of legislation that the Democrats have pushed through congress in the last 30 years?

Conveniently forgotten. Just like Obama's promise in his first campaign to Unionize and change the verbiage of the RLA. You see Fred is more powerful than even the President of the United States. And he and his cronies made sure that was ceased.

59 Dano

You see Fred is more powerful than even the President of the United States.

I was listening to a show once and a guy called in complaining about how the Jews control the banks, the finance industry, Hollywood, manufacturing, and other sectors of society. He finished and asked the host, "What do you think about that?" The host responded, "They seem to be doing well in those areas. Why not let them control everything else?" I thought that was pretty funny.

MF has already told us that Fred controls the entire federal government and most of society. He does a passable job for just one guy. I say we make it legal and just go ahead and put him in charge of everything. MF, who thinks that he knows better than anyone else, could be Fred's assistant.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was listening to a show once and a guy called in complaining about how the Jews control the banks, the finance industry, Hollywood, manufacturing, and other sectors of society. He finished and asked the host, "What do you think about that?" The host responded, "They seem to be doing well in those areas. Why not let them control everything else?" I thought that was pretty funny.

MF has already told us that Fred controls the entire federal government and most of society. He does a passable job for just one guy. I say we make it legal and just go ahead and put him in charge of everything. MF, who thinks that he knows better than anyone else, could be Fred's assistant.

What a predictable conversation between you and Dano. Two Right Wing Kool-Aid drinkers with an implausible defense of Mr. Smith and an inaccurate critique of me. Keep trying, guys.

chargerlou

Unfortunately, he isn't available. His son is proof that the fruit doesn't necessarily fall close to the family tree. Instead of a wussy (insert a "p") at the helm, we need a firebrand like real Hoffa, a scrappy little A-hole that wasn't afraid to take on the Smiths and Waltons of the world. Sure, he never should have made loans from the CSP fund, but corruption aside, Mister Hoffa was force to be reckoned with. A charismatic man on a mission.

A reincarnation of Hoffa is the kick in the ass the IBT needs to start drawing new membership and putting some fear into the CEOs who run this country right now. Eff them, and start bringing the Teamsters back to life. It needs to start somewhere, and FedEx seems to be a good choice to begin a campaign.
I'm glad he is on our side with the last contract my pay at UPS is over $28 an hour "with less than a year here :) don't let the purple kool-aid blur your vision ! "What can Brown do for You?"

Sent using BrownCafe App