Weakness at local 804

1080Driver

You're beating a dead horse enzo, & don't point the finger at the car washers, management, the current slate, the package drivers in the center, Obama or anyone else; this is old news. Sorry it took you this long to tune into it & good luck "fixing" it at this point; the point is 804 members (high seniority 804 members) are performing the work and not our on-car supervisors are doing the work. These are not feeder pu's; these are pu's that sporadically blow out the package guys. Move on bro

enzo

Go along get along!!!! 1080 driver your attitude is the exact reason our union is so weak.Contract violations should not be ignored. Strong determined union members before us hit the street, lost pay and had the courage to stand up to management. That is the reason we have what we have today. Go along get along makes us look weak. Makes us easy picking for the company to abuse. Also get the facts correct. They are doing the same scheduled pick ups everyday. That is not sporadic.How about if you go into work tomorrow and they tell you to do porter work for 8 hours and go home. Without job classifications that will be next.

1080Driver

Ok so let me understand this : I'm the reason 804 is weak; WOW I'm some ring leader. I went to a retirement party on Saturday night & there was not a driver there with less than 10 years; the new guys just aren't involved, sorry but its fact. I may not have 40+ years but I have 20+. They aren't doing the same pu's regulary; I spoke with one of the carwashers about it. YOU need to get the facts correct and don't listen to MB as if its gospel. He's put grievances in on it & where has it gone? No where because it doesn't happen everyday like you say. Sorry but this is nothing new

enzo

FACTS.....E.S. does foods of ireland and pyramid america 4 out 5 days in a van.
J.T does 1 bradford road mt vernon everyday
ask J.T he will tell you the truth. I never said you are the reason. Do not start making things up. I said you attitude is the reason the union is so weak.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
FACTS.....E.S. does foods of ireland and pyramid america 4 out 5 days in a van.
J.T does 1 bradford road mt vernon everyday
ask J.T he will tell you the truth. I never said you are the reason. Do not start making things up. I said you attitude is the reason the union is so weak.

Rocketman?!?!

I miss rocketman. :sad-little:

804brown

Why was this thread started?? We already have a thread to vent. Plus it seems the title is a bit of a stretch to blame ALL of local 804 because a few deal makers in MT VERNON want to undermine the contract and no one seems to want to file a grievance. It doesnt mean sups will do it. Maybe it might force them to run another route and/or hire another driver!!Just because it went on for over 15 years doesnt make it right!!

1080Driver

Enzo you forgot S.C. and all the other work he does. Can you ask Marty if he tried to pickup Ains Plastics back when he was a package driver doing his Larchmont route; I'm sure he had no problem letting Tommy T (a carwasher) do that pickup and bet he never grieved it either. Like it or not, this falls into the "past practice " category. Try asking Howie how it can to be or call the BA about it, I'm sure he's not busy trying to save jobs in today's UPS and will look into this ASAP.