Wearing rings?

notlob

I have an interview tomorrow am, I was told by email not to bring personal items like cell phones. Which I understand but it also said no jewelry including rings. Does anyone know anything about this? thanks for any input.

A

Anonymous Brown

Your interview may be located inside of a "clean in, clean out" facility. It's possible the building experiences a high rate of pilferage and extra measures are taken to prevent such incidents. It might be easier for management to request no personal items be brought inside the building than issuing property passes for each. Good luck with the interview!

SmithBarney

I would say solid wedding bands are fine, see them all the time... granted if it gets damaged on the job, UPS is not liable, but go to the interview sans jewels... don't want to make the early impression that you don't work as directed.

rod

Retired 22 years
Ask the kid at my old center that just lost 3/4 of his ring finger when it got caught on an irregular what he thinks of rings. I say leave the rings at home or in your pocket. Your wife, husband or whatever will like holding hands with you better if you have all your fingers.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do not wear rings and seldom necklaces. At work, but at an interview I wouldnt think it would matter. I lost a necklace when I was unloading and a piece of tape ripped it off my neck. Never found it, black hills gold. My mothers ring got caught in the door chain, and about ripped off my finger, so as fredly00 says sans jewelry.

Gman24

You will probably be allright in the interview. I once was opening a trailer door to start the evening reload, my wedding band got caught on the handle while the door was opening. It almost ripped my finger off. Needless to say I don;t wear my ring working anymore even though I have been driving for 13 years now.

over9five

Staff member
I don't even wear a watch. As you've heard in previous posts, this kinda crap gets caught on everything and can hurt you!

dammor

I have an interview tomorrow am, I was told by email not to bring personal items like cell phones. Which I understand but it also said no jewelry including rings. Does anyone know anything about this? thanks for any input.

It's not a pretty job. No need to get all dolled up for it. Anything you wear will get beat up, so leave it at home.

rngri4

Ask the kid at my old center that just lost 3/4 of his ring finger when it got caught on an irregular what he thinks of rings. I say leave the rings at home or in your pocket. Your wife, husband or whatever will like holding hands with you better if you have all your fingers.

Amen on that one, I have never worn my wedding ring to work, and don't plan to start. I saw a driver get his finger/ring stuck on a handrail climbing out of a package car, and he ended up with a broken finger, luckily that was it.

notlob

first off, thanks for all your replies. I went today and start training on Mon. I asked the HR guy why the email said no rings and he wasnt aware of it. And most people in my group brought their cell phones and had rings on so nobody followed directions anyway.(except me)

jlphotog

One word will prevent any rings on any finger from getting caught in any type of equipment. GLOVES.

I put them on before I punch in and take them off when I punch out. I don't even touch my DIAD without gloves on.

I do wear one ring It's the ring my Mother gave me for my 21st birthday just months before she died. The only way it's ever coming off, is if I loose that finger.