Welfare fraud

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ok, Now I am going off on a rant. My husband fell asleep listening to it. I B**ch everyday. And there really is no answer other than the fair tax.

We have all heard of the article about "I have to take a pee test to work, why dont you have to take one to get paid by the govt to exist" I bet we could cut the deficit in half, and only the strong survive, just like the animal kingdom.
Lets go a step further. We have to show a drivers license to buy liquor, use a credit card, etc. Why not just have to show your ID to buy Liquor, cigarettes, lotto, cell phones, show it everywhere you buy anything. On this document you can surrender your lungs or other usable item of your body should you die in an accident, so how is it impeding privacy? Attached to your ID, it should say if you are on public assistance. If you are, no smokes, no alcohol, no cell phone, and no lotto. If you are receiving help to live, you do not qualify to buy these things. Its like paying the govt twice and taxing us to the hilt. Im not talking of social security age people Im speaking of people younger than myself, who have never worked a day in their life. Its not because people cant find jobs, its also from a lifelong habit of living off the taxpayers. I have no problem helping someone who is working and needs help, just those living month to month off of me and you.
The other thing is this subject I have heard of making it illegal to put your home in the name of your children to avoid losing it in the case of you needing long term care. While I say OK, you should pay for your own long term care, until we take the people off the roles that we pay for them from the cradle to the grave, how can we punish people who DID work for 40 50 and more yrs, by taking what they earned? If non workers get free long term care, why should the people who have paid into the system, all their lives get no free care. why are the hard working people the only ones taxed, or punished so to speak?

Maybe I am the only one bothered by this, but I know I have places on my route who are begging for employees, and the pay isnt bad, 10 bucks to start, better than welfare, but it takes effort. Something lacking in this demographic.
Instead of the IRS going through my return with a fine tooth comb, maybe they ought to go to the area stores in the !st and have people show them how they are driving a LEXUS, yet qualify for food stamps. How they need help with food but spend 300 on lotto tickets. Take the pee test, if you dont pass, you dont get. Think of the money it would save us all. You cant pass a drug test, no wonder you cant get a job, quit now, no more money, we would see society improve immensly. JMHO, as always:w00t:

Dfigtree

How they need help with food but spend 300 on lotto tickets.

Who is the they you are referring to?

Warm milk and a cookie for you, maybe? Now I know you are not referring to any ethnic or religious group but just ponder these words anyway. I forgot who said them or why but just imagine a black man, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, on the steps of, say, the Lincoln Memorial, oh, about August of 1963.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. ... With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with a new meaning, "My country, 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring."

And if America is to be a great nation this must become true. So let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York. Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania!

Let freedom ring from the snowcapped Rockies of Colorado!

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California!

But not only that; let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia!

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Tennessee!

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi. From every mountainside, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, When we allow freedom to ring, when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

And then they shot the man dead.

Count your blessings. Hug your husband. Have a glass of warm milk ... and a cookie. You'll feet better in the morning.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
No dfigtree, I am not speaking of any ethics, but if I was, and the shoe fits. Im talking of welfare fraud. Maybe you enjoy giving your 400 a week to taxes or more, and having someone do nothing to get it in return, I dont. Maybe you feel all warm and fuzzy about it and a cookie and milk will help, it doesnt help me. :tongue_sm
I dont need to hear the speech, MLK would roll over in his grave if he saw his people acting the way I see them, as would JFK for his people acting the way they are. its not a racial thing, so for you even start, dont try that. It doesnt work.

I believe everyone has a chance at life, some use their upbringing or bad childhood, as an excuse, some surpass their expectations. Some say they have disabilities that they dont. Some say they have mental problems, which they do, and drugs do not help, at least the self prescribed ones. Some just lay down and live whatever lowly little life they want to, and we support it. I assume you work, I assume you pay dearly in taxes, and I assume you get tired. And I assume you do not work to take care of drug addicts and lazy persons. If you do, God help you, coz I dont.
I tried the cookie and milk it dont work, neither does the kool aid.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ethnicity has nothing to do with tooner's statements. Lazy asses come in all colors and genders.

People who just suck off the teat of the system make me sick.

Go to work. Pay your bills. Buy your groceries and quit sponging off the rest of us....whoever you may be !!!!!

Dfigtree

Ethnicity has nothing to do with tooner's statements.
Au contraire. She said "I am not speaking of any ethics, but if I was, and the shoe fits"

I guess ethics was a Freudian slip.

That is my last word on this subject. IMHO, this thread should end here and now.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Au contraire. She said "I am not speaking of any ethics, but if I was, and the shoe fits"

I guess ethics was a Freudian slip.

That is my last word on this subject. IMHO, this thread should end here and now.

Yes it was a slip, I meant ethnics.
You totally avoided the rest, so I guess its OK with you. The bedroom slippers in a grocery store, I mentioned in a previous post, she was white, I would say white trash. Its one thing to be poor, you can be poor and have pride. If you have a cell phone to yak on I would guess you could buy a pair of slip on shoes.........
I dont get why you stick up for it, since you are on here, I really assume you work here or are closely related to this industry. So you obviously work your a** of everyday also.... You think it should end???Why, coz its true? There will always be classes of people, and not to say one is better, but if you have some drive you can make it. I know poor people who think if they "work" and buy a pizza on Friday, they are at the top of the world. Think about it, just one minute, open your mind. I know some people are down trodden, but to have a section 8 (free housing) you need locks on all the windows in your residence, for an example. You need a handrail for every entrance. Do you have those in your home? I dont have any locking windows, and I dont have a handrail, and trust me some nights I need them. I live uphill from where I park, I need a wench. Its just totally ludicrous. And how would you like to pay 25$ for your apt. and 20 bucks for your utilities and have someone else pay the rest? For A family of four in OH Its about 833.00 pm they get, besides food stamps. so basically you have 750.00 pm disposable income. Not bad for not doing a thing. Oh dont forget about the 150$ pm phone bill for cell phones. Gotta have those. I would love to have 750 every month to spend on clothes etc, and not have to do a thing for it. Leaves a big gap for pot, fingernails and all that important stuff to make you more desirable to the other sex so you can have more kids you cannot take care of. It makes me sick, to think these kids are going to grow up thinking they will be taken care of, and only in America I may add. if you dont agree, I kow I sound crass, Im really not. I think we should help everyone who needs a help, not the ones who think we owe, we dont owe a thing.

brown bomber

brown bomber
couldn't agree w/ you more....how about this one....have every individual who goes to the poll to vote, answer a current event question, before they can vote...i.e. name the vice-president?..current speaker of the house?..federal reserve chairman?....even one of your state senators??

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
couldn't agree w/ you more....how about this one....have every individual who goes to the poll to vote, answer a current event question, before they can vote...i.e. name the vice-president?..current speaker of the house?..federal reserve chairman?....even one of your state senators??
Totally agree, if you cant answer a basic ? you cant vote, OH YEAH, and if you are on assistance, and you dont have to pay for any of the taxes trying to be imposed, you cant vote!! Amen to that one!! So many of the taxes being imposed are for people who never contribute to society, yet they can vote to get them passed. Its wrong and we are being taxed to death to take care of the society who thinks we owe them. No busses, no cabs, get there rain or shine and if you are on welfare, you get no vote, period. Til you get off and support yourself, dont vote for what I have to pay, wait til you are paying it then vote.

Last edited:

Sammie

Excellent post.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I would like to see our welfare system shift into something similar to our unemployment system; 6-12 months and you are on your own, period.

I don't think Uncle Sam would spring for drug tests on prospective applicants, but great idea anyway.

One problem with the current welfare system is that a generation of sitting home all day thinking that the world owes you a measly living often spawns the next generation and the one after that to expect the same entitlement.

And, those of us who set the alarm for 5 am just to get home at 8 pm every day don't have a lot of time to stir up s--- all day. We just happen to be out earning a living for everybody else!!! Wonder what the crime stats are for these two groups of folks...???...

upsdude

And, those of us who set the alarm for 5 am just to get home at 8 pm every day don't have a lot of time to stir up s--- all day. We just happen to be out earning a living for everybody else!!! Wonder what the crime stats are for these two groups of folks...???...

Amen!

Count me as another American sick and tired of folks living their entire lives firmly connected to the national nipple. I have a section 8 project on my route, cell phones, digital cable boxes, GAP, QVC and 22” rims are the regular items I deliver. I do admit though, it’s easy to deliver the area, there’re always home.

Dfigtree

Totally agree, if you cant answer a basic ? you cant vote, OH YEAH, and if you are on assistance, and you dont have to pay for any of the taxes trying to be imposed, you cant vote!! Amen to that one!! So many of the taxes being imposed are for people who never contribute to society, yet they can vote to get them passed. Its wrong and we are being taxed to death to take care of the society who thinks we owe them. No busses, no cabs, get there rain or shine and if you are on welfare, you get no vote, period. Til you get off and support yourself, dont vote for what I have to pay, wait til you are paying it then vote.
First, Tooner, I suspect you are kidding. Nobody could fail to recognize themselves for what they are.

Tooner says" if you cant answer a basic ? you cant vote."

[FONT=&quot]O SO, to Tooner, I pose this actual pole tax question to you, without Googling, who was the second president of the [/FONT][FONT=&quot]United States[/FONT][FONT=&quot]/ Simple question, right?

And since you agree with Brown Bomber’s post that an illegal practice is something you agree with, that is, the poll tax, you might want to ask Brown Bomber (Joe, Louis, I met him) whether his post was sarcastic.

President John Adams ,was that Quincy Adam, or not? You see, I can't vote, because I thought [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Quincy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] was an old TV show.

Who are you talking about? Anybody who is poor? Anybody who cheats? anybody who did not come over on the Mayflower? Evangelicals? Blacks? Whites? American Indians? Indian Indians? Pakistanis? Middle Easterners? Jews? Northern Catholics? White South Africans? Asians? Aboriginis? Central Americans? South Americans? The Geiko Cro-Magnon man, Dale Jarret? Gays? Midgets? WHO are you talking about? Oh right, anybody who cheats on the government. Can I see your tax return please? Are all government assistance recipients are candidates? Medicare, medicaid Social Secorutiy? Tom deLay, et al".NJ's former governor? How about the weatlthy people who are collecting medicare/medicaide? Or falsely claiming fire and water damage to their mansions? That's a real white's white crime, right? It's okay. I suppose that Rodney King deserved and got his beating. Were you on the juries that freed the cops ?
South Pacific ...
You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made
Of people whose skin is a different shade,
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught
To hate and fear
You've got to be taught
From year to year
It's got to be drummed
In your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught!
You've got to be carefully taught.

Who taught you this rhetoric?[/FONT]

Who taught you this rhetoric?

[FONT=&quot](washington, adam, jefferson, madison, monroe, adams quincy)[/FONT]

Last edited:

Dfigtree

I agree TRASH THIS THREAD. However, if the bigotry continues, I will speak out against it. I owe it to my relatives who were murdered with sentiment like this.