Well , how's faut is that ?

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
integrity matters. even when you're instructed to work a certain way, it is your right to refuse. i dont care if a hand written certified letter comes down feom the ceo with these instructions. the answer is still NO. that is a dishonest act, it is fraudulent to the customer. make them discipline you for failure to WAD, and stomp their no intergrity butts into the ground. we are told all the time, you can refuse any ilegal, immoral, or unethical direction given.

AwashBwashCwash

Drivers could leave earlier if preload could finish faster.
Preload could finish faster if they could start earlier.
They could start earlier if the trailers could arrive earlier.
The trailers could arrive earlier if twilight could finish loading them earlier.
Twilight could finish loading them earlier if the drivers made it back to the building sooner.

Conclusion: It's the drivers' fault.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
integrity matters. even when you're instructed to work a certain way, it is your right to refuse. i dont care if a hand written certified letter comes down feom the ceo with these instructions. the answer is still NO. that is a dishonest act, it is fraudulent to the customer. make them discipline you for failure to WAD, and stomp their no intergrity butts into the ground. we are told all the time, you can refuse any ilegal, immoral, or unethical direction given.

Just to play devil's advocate: you don't think a pandemic and riots in parts of the country would qualify as emergency conditions? There's a direct link between the pandemic, which has been declared an emergency, and the increase in volume. It's not a huge moral stretch to be asked to sheet late air as emergency conditions.

What the company should really do, however, is relax all commits and be up front with customers about it.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Just to play devil's advocate: you don't think a pandemic and riots in parts of the country would qualify as emergency conditions? There's a direct link between the pandemic, which has been declared an emergency, and the increase in volume. It's not a huge moral stretch to be asked to sheet late air as emergency conditions.

What the company should really do, however, is relax all commits and be up front with customers about it.
I don’t understand the push to claim “HEY GUYS, we’re good, it’s business as usual around here. No need to worry.”
It’s clearly not business as usual volume wise. UPS is buried with packages that we don’t have the man power to handle, and there is no end in sight. We are delivering boxes of cereal and snacks from Amazon committed NDA while perishables and medical sit in trailers. It’s such poor business.
We are so tied to Amazon that it’s not even funny. We should change the company name to “Bezos’s Bitches.” BB for short. Send me my Amazon uniform captain

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The trailers could arrive earlier if twilight could finish loading them earlier.
Twilight could finish loading them earlier if the drivers made it back to the building sooner.

No, it’s automotive fault. Just grossly exaggerate the amount of red tags and use that as an excuse.

Last edited:

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.

If everyone started earlier, everyone would get done earlier. The problem is that in the whole equation, it only takes one rogue manager that insists on just pushing the workers harder instead, to screw up the whole plan.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have 1 day a week where we leave after 9:30. It takes me 21 minutes to get to the meet point to shuttle stuff to the guy that leaves early with EAMs. I can usually start delivering at 10a, so if I am lucky, I can get 5-6 NDA stops off. Most days, I have 8-10. There was a time when the only time I had late air was when we had a late plane. I had gone over 2 years without a late. Now it is a weekly occurance.

WTF mate.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We have 1 day a week where we leave after 9:30. It takes me 21 minutes to get to the meet point to shuttle stuff to the guy that leaves early with EAMs. I can usually start delivering at 10a, so if I am lucky, I can get 5-6 NDA stops off. Most days, I have 8-10. There was a time when the only time I had late air was when we had a late plane. I had gone over 2 years without a late. Now it is a weekly occurance.

WTF mate.

Sounds like bad management.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don’t understand the push to claim “HEY GUYS, we’re good, it’s business as usual around here. No need to worry.”
It’s clearly not business as usual volume wise. UPS is buried with packages that we don’t have the man power to handle, and there is no end in sight. We are delivering boxes of cereal and snacks from Amazon committed NDA while perishables and medical sit in trailers. It’s such poor business.
We are so tied to Amazon that it’s not even funny. We should change the company name to “Bezos’s Bitches.” BB for short. Send me my Amazon uniform captain
Because we are supposed to be the biggest baddest logistics company in the world. Yet months into this we have no plan for it all other then it’ll lighten up soon guys.