Well the wait is over

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
15 years? If I were not working every or nearly every day I would have left after the first 2.

Welcome to 2015, where most jobs not requiring a 4-year degree pay no more than they did 15 or even 25 years ago, and therefore people are willing to stick it out...

iowa boy

He doesn't have one yet. Hasn't made 30 days, and I don't know if his days driving right now are counting or not.

But you don't know what else he had going on in his life where he may have chosen to wait before going driving. I waited an extra year to drive so I could get the child into school all day to save on childcare costs. Our last three FT drivers came from off the street as none of the part-timers want to do it or couldn't grasp the concept of the job and were too slow.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
So I've been trying to get my foot in the door at UPS for awhile now to get some time in and hopefully become a driver one day. I finally got it, I'm currently a package handler in the local sort.

I like the job, it's not the best gig in the world but it's not bad. BUT, a package car job seems a little out of reach for me. The shortest time a guy has went driving recently is 15 years.

I have a newborn baby and a pretty good job as it is so I think I'm going to help my guys through peak and put ups behind me. I don't want to miss out on my kids life working a second job everyday.

Just a little rant/vent...
I dont know what your insurance is like at your other job, but after a year as a part-timer you get great insurance

PT Car Washer

The baby boomers will be retiring in droves the next 5 years. Many have put off retirement because of the uncertain economic climate. Most are also 60+ and putting off retirement much longer is no longer an option.

TheBeerDriver

It's up in the air yet but I'm leaning towards sticking out at my company and looking for a promotion here. I have a young baby at home at it went from me spending every afternoon with her to only seeing her on the weekends. It's tough.