Well this should be interesting...

bbsam

Staff member
I was pulled over once in the daytime for a headlight out. I had a spare in the truck and told him I would swap it out and must have just gone out while running. Showed him the spare bulb. Still wrote me a fix-it ticket.

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed or something
I had a truck blow a fuse and take out all the rear lights.

The officer wrote violations on every single light. Quotas maybe?

CJinx

A leak is a leak whether it leaks a few drops or a few quarts. Management doesn't like oil stains on their floors, especially when the station has visitors from the district (floors get pressure washed the day before, lol).

bbsam

Staff member
A leak is a leak whether it leaks a few drops or a few quarts. Management doesn't like oil stains on their floors, especially when the station has visitors from the district (floors get pressure washed the day before, lol).
If I could afford new trucks every 5 years I could probably live with that. As it is, well, downsizing may be the smart way to go.

It will be fine

The regulation I remember is free of leaks likely to cause a breakdown. They always hassle me about my radiators seeping coolant when their cold. I've had the same slight leak for 5 years, top it off Monday good to go all week.

overflowed

If I could afford new trucks every 5 years I could probably live with that. As it is, well, downsizing may be the smart way to go.
getting a little fussy with you boys, in my city it seems every other ground truck is painted freshly white. Curious I asked what's the deal and said some inspector came in the terminal and basically told about 2/3 of the station that the trucks were too scratched up. He was talking about tree scratches. lol

bbsam

Staff member
getting a little fussy with you boys, in my city it seems every other ground truck is painted freshly white. Curious I asked what's the deal and said some inspector came in the terminal and basically told about 2/3 of the station that the trucks were too scratched up. He was talking about tree scratches. lol
Yeah. A lot of that going on. Another year of no raises for Ground drivers.

bbsam

Staff member
Guess it depends on who is looking for what. Leaking transmission fluid is the worse. That can start a good fire.
Not as easily as you'd think. I've fried a couple of transmissions to the point that the insides melted together. Burning transmission fluid does smell like hell but never seen flames.