Western Conf. Retirees. Received Notice that Our Medicare Part D Thru Retiree Trust Is Being Cancelled

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Been on phone all morning with everyone and not getting very good answers.
Has anyone else retired in Western Conference have any info on this?

We have regular medicare of course but no part D. that would be an extra supplemental plan.
Teamsters Retiree Trust gave us medicare part D free thru their medical plan.

Now that is being cancelled and were told we need to sign up for a medical part D plan.

We already pay $150 a month for the Teamsters Retiree Trust Heath plan.
Plus another $350 plus a month for Medicare. A Part D plan thru them would be extra $$$ every month.

It was nice while it lasted. Some of our prescriptions were free and most were $2-3 and some are $5 for a 90 day supply.

We were told they are sending packet with different options to sign up for a Part D plan thru the Teamsters retiree trust?

Johney

We have regular medicare of course but no part D. that would be an extra supplemental plan.

Now that is being cancelled and were told we need to sign up for a medical part D plan.

Plus another $350 plus a month for Medicare. A Part D plan thru them would be extra $$$ every month.

It was nice while it lasted. Some of our prescriptions were free and most were $2-3 and some are $5 for a 90 day supply.

We were told they are sending packet with different options to sign up for a Part D plan thru the Teamsters retiree trust?
Be happy you had it for as long as you did we aren't offered any medicare supplements.

Shiftless

Altho I am in the Western Conference, I don't have Teamster insurance.

I hope UPS doesn't do the same to the retiree's who are under the UPS plan who earned their retirement in the Western Conference.

Shiftless

The active Teamster's should pay attention to this! Too late for us already gone.

Active Teamsters should be pushing for better retirement benefits and COLA enhancement's before they start to retire and realize something should have been done long ago!

Part time vote versus Full time vote on this subject will make it an almost unsurmountable task as both the Union and the Company will us this issue to separate the fight for it.

2 cents

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The active Teamster's should pay attention to this! Too late for us already gone.

Active Teamsters should be pushing for better retirement benefits and COLA enhancement's before they start to retire and realize something should have been done long ago!

Part time vote versus Full time vote on this subject will make it an almost unsurmountable task as both the Union and the Company will us this issue to separate the fight for it.

2 cents
Very good point. I have to admit while I was working I did not pay much attention to the health benefits or pension for retirees.
7 years after retiring my pension does not look as good as it was at the start.purchasing power seems like it has been cut in half.

with the yearly COLA's from Social Security it won't be long before that check is bigger than the pension.

Over70irregs

Very good point. I have to admit while I was working I did not pay much attention to the health benefits or pension for retirees.
7 years after retiring my pension does not look as good as it was at the start.purchasing power seems like it has been cut in half.

with the yearly COLA's from Social Security it won't be long before that check is bigger than the pension.
They should abolish reemployment rules and look into COLA b

satellitedriver

If you shopped the open market you would have found out that you were being had. "Free" part D with the union plan cost you more every month. My wife's and my total cost for part A, B and D are far less than that. Their plan is an "advantage" plan.
Choose wisely.