what a crock, anyone ever hear of this?????

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Anyone ever deliver a 2dayAm to resi and get yelled at by the customer for it not being del by 1030? Biggest scam ups has going right now. Things like this should not be allowed to be processed. I mean when you print a label I shouldn't allow it. We should also have a "resi/rural" air and "resi/rural" saver for situations like these. Something that signifies " hey your nda that you paid nda rates for isn't really a nda "
Don't you guys have a rural area where the commits are "end of business day"?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was actually just looking for something like last week because we have a customer that is 40 miles away but somehow uses the center zip code and management keeps telling us we have to make service on it. I have looked on UPS.com and couldn't find that. Would you please include the link if you know it.

Your center should be doing address corrections on all of those packages.

This link is for EAM's:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/next_day_am/destinations.html

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Don't you guys have a rural area where the commits are "end of business day"?

We do, funny thing is the difference between a 10:30 commit and no commit is a 2 lane road due to the way the zip code falls.

It's 10 miles long east to west. north side, no commit, south side commit. I have to drive further to the far side of the commit side then the near end of the no commit side.

Point is though, the no commit folks pay the same rate as the commit folks while not getting the same service.

scooby0048

And dont you think they should???? How so, I dont fricking know. I pay for NDA I am rural, I know that. Since when did UPS decide rural gets screwed? Thats why they give a 1200pm commit time. I got no problem with that. Where I live I know is rural. thats why I live here. Shouldnt it have been a saver if it could be delivered anytime vs a NDA?????????????????????????????????
I see what you are saying. Here we get NDA but if the destination is further than 25 miles from the center, it gets treated as a saver even if it is NDA. Further than 25 miles and its automatically end of business day.

scooby0048

Your center should be doing address corrections on all of those packages.

This link is for EAM's:

http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/shipping/time/service/next_day_am/destinations.html
We have been fighting with management about this but because the USPS gives them that zip code, we are supposedly bound to the commit time. It's a uranium mine so what I believe is happening is part of the property must still be in the zip code the USPS allotted for it and some of the property is outside the zip code based on county line boundaries.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I see what you are saying. Here we get NDA but if the destination is further than 25 miles from the center, it gets treated as a saver even if it is NDA. Further than 25 miles and its automatically end of business day.
OK so here is some training we could all benifit from instead of ODS messages or haz mat training we have all viewed for 10 yrs plus. Tell us our commit times. 2DA am residential HERE is still 1030!!!!!!!!!!!! If it changed, darn by gosh tell us!!!! IF NDA IS whenever tell us. MY pkg didnt matter, I needed it today, not by 12pm, charge me saver. No wonder I get yelled at constantly, I do not need that when the rules have changed and I dont know them.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

At my center, outbound out-of-state NDA has to be back to the center and on the belt by 1430. They can stretch it a little but not much.

Most regular shippers know this and either have a daily NDA pickup or call in for an on call air pickup.

If I am doing daily pickups in the evening and they have NDA we have to pull them off car at end of day and put them in a container to be exception scanned basically adding a day in transit to the commit.

We also have a satellite building served from my center. Anything those drivers pick up sits in the satellite building overnight and goes back to the center the next day about noon on the feeder that brings the volume out to the satalite. Those drivers call in every pickup package tracking number to the OMS for a remote area exception scan which also adds a day to the commit. There is simply no way to get true next day service from the areas served by the satellite drivers, customers have to get the package to a ups store or it automatically takes a day longer. But the website won't tell you that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Why would someone pay for 2da am, vs 2 day air. Think about it, look a the ups rate chart...................

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I give up. Here is the problem. You got 20 different people and we all have a different directive. When is NDA not NDA.. Why would you pay for nda vs saver, if you cannot get it til end of day anyway? There is a big difference in price. Why would you pay for 2da am vs 2da reg when you will get it at the same time????? Am I the only one who doesnt get it? I guess I am.