what a crock, anyone ever hear of this?????

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't know which agency you are referring to as the federal govt has NEVER been known to waste taxpayer's dollars! LIAR!...

...Oh wait, the Veteran's Administration is part of the federal govt and they ship all their meds NDA whether it's the same town or 1000 miles away EVERY DAY!
I for some reason have no problem with the veterans adm using NDA. It is priority, as it should be.

AKCoverMan

And those vets gets the same meds every month so its not as if they could be shipped a day or two earlier?
They don't even need to be shipped earlier when the commit time for ground vs. NDA is exactly the same. They are spending three times as much for absolutely the same service.

AKCoverMan

I for some reason have no problem with the veterans adm using NDA. It is priority, as it should be.
I agree totally with Vets getting priority. But sending NDA across town or to next town when ground would arrive at exact same time just spends more money but does not give Vet more service. I would rather that money go to getting more/better services for the Vets.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes but still cheaper to send ground and get exact same service.

Not necessarily.

I pickup and deliver to our local Social Security office. They regularly send out NDA paks to their regional office, which is 150 miles away in Albany and is serviced by our hub in Latham. The only requirement is that the packages be delivered the next day. I have suggested many times that they would save a ton of money by using ground but the manager told me that with the discount their NDA rates are pretty close to what they would pay for ground.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The building next door to our center building is not commit for next day air delivery because of the zip code it has. Our air commit time is noon. 2dayEAM are treated as air both business and residential.
All other areas are end of day. We have a townsite that is 1 mile down the road that s not commit but we have one 20 miles away that is. Try to make sense of that one.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Down here in Atlanta NDA and 2ND day Am are 10;30period. Business Airsavers are 3:00. Residential Airsavers , 2nd day airs, are whenever i want to or get there. And Early AMs have been moved to 8:00.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Or at least saver with no commit.
Heres another question, Oh no right, LOL. When my husbands medicine comes the notice says it is NDA, and gives me a tracking number. When I get it, its a saver with a totally different number. Is that the med centers mistake? Its not a big deal, I just wonder if anyone else experiences this?

And yes, meds sent to anyone could be ground if they sent them early. So could food stamp cards. Which is why I feel if they are going to send benefits by air, and we as taxpayers have no say anyway......I have no problem with vets meds, or people on medicare getting the priority service. Be careful, because if a cut were to take place, the vets would get downgraded first.