what are his chances?

Pasaholic

We had a cover driver Fired today for not reporting a minor accident, seems he tapped a overhang at a old beet up loading dock, driver days he didn't even realise he hit it but the jerk owner claiming he caused $1000 worth of damage, and the funny thing is this happened like 2 months ago, I think its bull crap that a customer can blame anything on the driver and it is his fault. I mean 2 months later/Just woundering if this guy can get his job back?

705red

Browncafe Steward
We had a cover driver Fired today for not reporting a minor accident, seems he tapped a overhang at a old beet up loading dock, driver days he didn't even realise he hit it but the jerk owner claiming he caused $1000 worth of damage, and the funny thing is this happened like 2 months ago, I think its bull crap that a customer can blame anything on the driver and it is his fault. I mean 2 months later/Just woundering if this guy can get his job back?
If you have any more info i could help better. But from what you say as of now, tell your friend to enjoy his time off and he will be back to work with all back pay.

govols019

You smell that?
About 10 years ago I had a customer call in and accuse me of knocking down their basketball goal. I didn't report it because I didn't do it but UPS didn't fire me after the customer called.

Big Babooba

If the guy waited 2 months to report the damage, how can UPS possibly discipline the driver? How many other trucks have used that dock in the meantime? Why would UPS accept responsibility? Even if the guy complained 2 months ago, the company has 5 days to investigate and reach a determination, not 2 months. Something just doesn't seem right here. Could there be more to this story?

raceanoncr

If the guy waited 2 months to report the damage, how can UPS possibly discipline the driver? How many other trucks have used that dock in the meantime? Why would UPS accept responsibility? Even if the guy complained 2 months ago, the company has 5 days to investigate and reach a determination, not 2 months. Something just doesn't seem right here. Could there be more to this story?

Good post here! Also, does the company have proof? Vehicle damage? The driver admit to it?

You cannot fire someone on someone elses hearsay.

IS there some more to story?