What are people in the hub wearing

drenched

There's been a lot of talk about how hot the trucks are for drivers but little about summer heat in the hubs and trailers.

I'm glad u don't need a uniform in the hub but recently had one picky sup in my area start calling people out on needing to wear shirts with sleeves saying it was required.

I think wearing sleeveless shirts has helped me so I wonder if this is happening to anybody else?

And seriously on topic, what is the least anybody knows for real that loaders or unloaders have worn and the area sup there not to say anything because I see guys from other parts of the hub still wearing stuff a lot more open than what I was wearing?

GenericUsername

We literally have women here in our center who come in wearing sports bras and whatever they're called that is similar to bike shorts. We have multiple managers in our center that are female and not a single one has said anything to them. We also have men who wear sleeveless shirts or have cut their shirts down the side to get more airflow. Literally nobody says anything. They've dressed appropriately for the job they are doing and as long as the job keeps getting done nobody will say a thing.

21Savage

We literally have women here in our center who come in wearing sports bras and whatever they're called that is similar to bike shorts. We have multiple managers in our center that are female and not a single one has said anything to them. We also have men who wear sleeveless shirts or have cut their shirts down the side to get more airflow. Literally nobody says anything. They've dressed appropriately for the job they are doing and as long as the job keeps getting done nobody will say a thing.
Until they put fans or AC inside I don't blame them. It's not like they have to keep an appearance standard to impress customers. They should wear whatever is comfortable as long as it's not something completely inappropriate.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
There's been a lot of talk about how hot the trucks are for drivers but little about summer heat in the hubs and trailers.

I'm glad u don't need a uniform in the hub but recently had one picky sup in my area start calling people out on needing to wear shirts with sleeves saying it was required.

I think wearing sleeveless shirts has helped me so I wonder if this is happening to anybody else?

And seriously on topic, what is the least anybody knows for real that loaders or unloaders have worn and the area sup there not to say anything because I see guys from other parts of the hub still wearing stuff a lot more open than what I was wearing?
Cut sleeves off

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

I’ve seen unloaders dressed like Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Pretty sure a shirt with sleeves is a standard OSHA requirement. @Integrity can help.
If this is an OSHA requirement, I know nothing about it.

What I do know is that when I unloaded and sorted for the Preload back in the early 90’s I wore a tank top and shorts and never had a problem with management.

During this time when I became a Part-time supervisor I still had to wear a dress shirt and tie.

In my area, I still frequently see tank tops and shorts on the package handlers.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

When I worked the inside during spring summer and fall I would wear a moisture wicking athletic sleeveless shirt, gym shorts and sneakers. Winter was the same shirts but very thin sweatpants made out of gym short material. Hard work keeps you warm. Never had an issue. Seen dudes work shirtless and women wear sports bras and very skimpy short shorts.

drenched

When I worked the inside during spring summer and fall I would wear a moisture wicking athletic sleeveless shirt, gym shorts and sneakers. Winter was the same shirts but very thin sweatpants made out of gym short material. Hard work keeps you warm. Never had an issue. Seen dudes work shirtless and women wear sports bras and very skimpy short shorts.
What were the shirtless dudes working?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Used to be an old fat girl that wore a halter top same one everyday all summer I didn’t care though because she could load like a champ

drenched

Pretty sure a shirt with sleeves is a standard OSHA requirement. @Integrity can help.
I was told its a safety thing but I can't see how a some thin fabric on a short sleeve would make any kind of difference.

People come up with weird rules. Thanks integrity for telling us it's not osha.

All different kind of replies here...wonder if its like gulf coast versus northern New England

Last edited:

boxerdan

I was told its a safety thing but I can't see how a some thin fabric on a short sleeve would make any kind of difference.
I'm struggling to think of a single reason why a short sleeve shirt would be safer than a sleeveless shirt.

I've worked in industrial settings where long sleeve shirt and pants were required for obvious safety reasons, but I can't think of a reason why it would be ok for your forearm to be exposed, but not the upper half of your upper arm.

Drink Craft Beer

I wear a moisture wicking t-shirt underneath a thin long sleeved shirt and use the sleeves to wipe the sweat off my face throughout the mourning.

I'm amazed / jealous when I see dudes come out of the unload barely breaking a sweat.