What are people in the hub wearing

AccidentProne

There's been a lot of talk about how hot the trucks are for drivers but little about summer heat in the hubs and trailers.

I'm glad u don't need a uniform in the hub but recently had one picky sup in my area start calling people out on needing to wear shirts with sleeves saying it was required.

I think wearing sleeveless shirts has helped me so I wonder if this is happening to anybody else?

And seriously on topic, what is the least anybody knows for real that loaders or unloaders have worn and the area sup there not to say anything because I see guys from other parts of the hub still wearing stuff a lot more open than what I was wearing?
I'm still waiting for fans for trailer doors. I'd wish they gave us a uniform so I don't have to ruin my clothes.

AccidentProne

I wear a moisture wicking t-shirt underneath a thin long sleeved shirt and use the sleeves to wipe the sweat off my face throughout the mourning.

I'm amazed / jealous when I see dudes come out of the unload barely breaking a sweat.
Those guys are working smart while you're working hard. Work at a comfortable pace, if you're sweating, you're working too hard.
I prefer not to have our phones confiscated when we enter the building
I don't understand locals that won't let you have your phones on you. I couldn't work here if I couldn't have music from my phone.

drenched

Those guys are working smart while you're working hard. Work at a comfortable pace, if you're sweating, you're working too hard.
I agree u need to work smart but some people just normally sweat more. Some guys r sweating before they pick up one box and its not like they're fat or anything

snarts

It's not really as hot as you would think considering we are working in the middle of the night where temperatures aren't as high.

drenched

It's not really as hot as you would think considering we are working in the middle of the night where temperatures aren't as high.
That maybe true for sunrise preload and a little true for the midnight sort but twilight isn't in the middle of the night and its hot

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
Don't be. Not sweating while doing physical work in a hot setting could be a sign they have some medical condition that needs attention.
That maybe true for sunrise preload and a little true for the midnight sort but twilight isn't in the middle of the night and its hot
I tell people if for whatever reason they’re feeling faint, nauseous or thirsty due to the heat to find a place to cool off for a bit and say they’re practicing cool solutions or osha heat guidelines. The boxes will still be there when they get back and if UPS really wanted them out the door they’d fully staff the hub. No need to be hero except for yourself.