What are the odds...

Ms.PacMan

My reading glasses fell off my face today while I was bending over and into a 5 gallon bucket of paint in a receiving area.

I once had a NDA letter fall off my cart exiting an elevator and went down the elevator shaft.

Anyone else have any what are the odds stories?

barnyard

KTM rider
When I was about 3 months in, my daughter saw me on route and stopped by to say hi. I was delivering and she bumped into me and I brushed against a wall of wet paint.

One winter, during a ride along, I slipped on some ice. I did not fall, but my keys flew off my finger in a high arc into a snow bank. My boss delivered the package and I dug for my keys. They were quite a bit deeper in the snow than I was expecting.

T

Turdferguson

My reading glasses fell off my face today while I was bending over and into a 5 gallon bucket of paint in a receiving area.

I once had a NDA letter fall off my cart exiting an elevator and went down the elevator shaft.

I had my break down hand cart tip over and lost some letter down a sewer.

barnyard

KTM rider
One fine Spring day, I changed from long pants to shorts in the back of the truck and locked my keys in the back. My boss gave me my own bulkhead key that day.

Packmule

Back when we were still on paper, we were having a very dry summer. Somehow there was one small mud hole in the entire state and I dropped my delivery record clipboard in it. Of course I had a sup riding that day! Never let me hear the end of that.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

My very first day I was allowed to drive my relatively new on-car knocked me out of the car by not disengaging the gear before letting out the clutch. He was so apologetic and concerned I was going to report him. Seven hours later when I was driving I did the exact same thing. We both looked at each other and agreed that was the last we spoke of it. He kept his word and up till now, I kept mine.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Same thing happened to me waay back when I was an air driver.

I was on a rural route once and got to my first stop and realized there was no bulkhead door key on the key ring.

Wizzy

Was trying to hold an elevator by sitting a pkg to hold the door open while l stepped off to check a pick up which was on a desk in the hall. My keys were on my finger and dropped thru the crack. Those elevator pits sure are nasty but I found those keys

8000Shelf

My Diad has gone for more than one bumper ride. Smooth stops and turns and it always was right where I left it!

On a AM/PM split shift as an air driver a long time back, I had my PM supervisor hand me my diad with a tire mark across it.
I had no idea I even had lost it till that moment. Never have lost it again, needless to say.

bumped

I was walking across the road to delivering the package when I slipped and almost fell. I turned to look to see what I had slipped on. It was a banana peel. That is something you see in cartoons, but never heard of it in real life.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Got stuck in a snow drift and while trying to shovel myself out I dropped my phone in the snow. Kept sending DIAD messages to my Supe to call my phone until I finally located it in the snow. Eventually got towed out. Fun.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sup was coming out to train my helper one year while I was running air. Sup got out to me and the helper and I realized I forgot to grab the helper board. Sup had to drive back to the building to get it.

Girl offered me a shot and asked me to stay and spend some quality time with her. Told her I was married and couldn't drink on the job then went ass over tea kettle down her stairs onto her front lawn. She walked over and stood over me and smiling asked if I was reconsidering.

You ever consider Lasic eye surgery???

8000Shelf

Was on one of my first rural routes in the snow. Chained up on a dirt road, went to start my engine and realized I had lost the key off my waist in the process. It was a long day from that point on.

Faceplanted

Before my 30 days, i was at a dock not backed up all the way. Had my keys around my finger old school style, grabbed a package to load it and the keys fell off right into a gated drain. My pants got brown. Luckily I was at an import place that ships out to dollar stores. The owner had one of those sticks with a grabber on the end (seriously what are the odds) and I got the keys out. Now that I think about it... Seriously wtf are the odds I was at a stop that had a grabber for me to use. B