What are the reasons a supervisor can decline options days?

Imabear

I wanted to use my option week and days for 7 fridays in a row off, supervisor said he wont be able to give me all of them but well go week to week to see if he can because of people on vacation and such.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I wanted to use my option week and days for 7 fridays in a row off, supervisor said he wont be able to give me all of them but well go week to week to see if he can because of people on vacation and such.
Nice try buddy , not going to happen…your seniority sucks!

🧔‍♂️✊

Up In Smoke

First, I believe your 50hr option week cannot be broken up. If that is true, you're trying to use 5 SDV and two optional days to obtain the 7 days off. My understanding is SVDs are granted in seniority order upon a request make no fewer than 7 days prior to the day requested. The number of SDV coverage drivers must be maintained in accordance to the contract language for the size of your workforce. Optionals are granted in much the same way, except the request is made 8 days prior and the company is only required to grant one daily. Both requests must be denied within 7 days of your day off and local language would supercede.

Imabear

First, I believe your 50hr option week cannot be broken up. If that is true, you're trying to use 5 SDV and two optional days to obtain the 7 days off. My understanding is SVDs are granted in seniority order upon a request make no fewer than 7 days prior to the day requested. The number of SDV coverage drivers must be maintained in accordance to the contract language for the size of your workforce. Optionals are granted in much the same way, except the request is made 8 days prior and the company is only required to grant one daily. Both requests must be denied within 7 days of your day off and local language would supercede.
Nope, steward said i csn break them up and have been doing it for 5 years