What are the reasons a supervisor can decline options days?

542thruNthru

I'd bet that's how a lotta 542 folks do it since there's probably many former aspiring actors in their ranks and that's pretty much the only way to conclude phone calls in movies and TV shows. Maybe @542thruNthru can confirm.
We have our agents call in for us. Though sometimes that backfires because they always tell management. "Let's do lunch." Afterwards.

If I use a sick day and they see me out in a field flying a kite what can they say? Thats the only thing that makes me feel better when I'm sick.
If I use a sick day and they see me out in a field flying a kite what can they say? Thats the only thing that makes me feel better when I'm sick.
Little funny story about that.
When I was a rookie I called off sick so I could go fishing.
So is that they're having a good day then I Heard a voice from behind me saying hey do you have an extra beer?
I turned around it was my center manager.
He said I sure do hope you feel better tomorrow
LoL

Nah
Usually I just say " I'm using a sick day today."
That's at least slightly different than saying you're sick (even if you're not). Saying you're taking the sick day leaves that gray area where you can say you never said you were sick.

I never did that because we didn't get sick days under the central supplement.

That's at least slightly different than saying you're sick (even if you're not). Saying you're taking the sick day leaves that gray area where you can say you never said you were sick.

I never did that because we didn't get sick days under the central supplement.
How can they prove that my knee or my back isn't bothering me?

Karma...

I never called in sick....I just wouldn't come in......I would wait until my supervisor called me......ups doesn't go after the really good workers...only the screw-ups...my supervisor understood the way I think and would take that into consideration.......

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The company is aware of the lack of representation.

Yeah.... that's the problem....

1655860058626.png