What are the reasons a supervisor can decline options days?

Doing time

I don’t understand why this is so hard for people. It’s your option not theirs. Must call at least one hour prior to start time. “Hey, this is Joe Blow. I won’t be in today. I have paid option days. Please put one in for me today. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Click. I’ve yet to see someone get fired for using a paid day off.

542thruNthru

Not sure about drivers, but PT'ers where I'm at are required an 8 day notice for option days. There have been times in the past though, when I go in the next day and have asked if I could take an OD for it and he'll agree to.
Our rider says 10 days here but they've been granted days out. After 10 days it's pretty much up to the center manager

Doing time

Not sure why this is so hard for people. IF you have paid option days available, don’t ask their permission. Call at least one hour prior to start time. “It’s Joe Blow. I’m using one of my paid option days today. See you Monday”. Click.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not sure why this is so hard for people. IF you have paid option days available, don’t ask their permission. Call at least one hour prior to start time. “It’s Joe Blow. I’m using one of my paid option days today. See you Monday”. Click.
Bingo. If they’re to scared to call they can have their mother/wife/girlfriend call for them.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
So if they find out you're not sick, they can fire you for dishonesty. Nice.
That’s why you don’t say sick. You say you want to use a sick day pay.
Here we have the option to bid our sick days or personal days as full vacations.
I usually bid my sick days and just call out whenever anyways.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Not every supplement has sick days though.
Weird.
Definitely should push for them.
We have a fairly new steward who has been very active in our building and currently is asking options on what we as a local should push for in our supplement next negotiations.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
That’s why you don’t say sick. You say you want to use a sick day pay.
Here we have the option to bid our sick days or personal days as full vacations.
I usually bid my sick days and just call out whenever anyways.
I do the same, 2 optional and 3 sick days to make an extra week