what are you getting for thanksgiving

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Are you sure it wasnt a pigeon? I cant see Fat Fred shelling out a whole extra 15 dollars per employee!

Good one. Maybe Fred is going to try and convince us that frozen rats make good Thanksgiving fare. In Sniper's neck of the woods, perhaps possum or squirrel would be a good alternative.

SmithBarney

I've recieved turkeys in the past, friends of mine already got theirs... I'm going to go out on a limb and say we ain't gettin shi†

CJinx

Oh yeah, holiday pay. :)
I am also working both the day before and the day after, as I took black friday off last year. :(

SmithBarney

$50 holiday pay... i have a decent contractor this year

working the day before and on black friday is a pre-requisite for the pay though
oh thats cheap, ~120-190 Holiday pay at Express...(8 hours) we are also required to be there wed and fri, or you forfeit holiday pay, not sure how it's legal..

SmithBarney

hypo my first STA my everyone got turkeys BIG ones, I got the smallest it was about 20lbs. Our SR drove a uhaul to all of his stations personally delivering them.
I have no reason to lie, but assure you, we had turkeys.

bbsam

Staff member
Was that article, written by Fred S? That way he can tell his employees, he is doing them a favor by giving them a small turkey!......lol

no. The breast meat cooks too quickly and dries out before the dark meat is done. And don't cook the stuffing in the bird. And when it's done cooking, don't carve immediately. Waiting 15 minutes will help keep it juicy.

overflowed

no. The breast meat cooks too quickly and dries out before the dark meat is done. And don't cook the stuffing in the bird. And when it's done cooking, don't carve immediately. Waiting 15 minutes will help keep it juicy.

Blasphemy! Go ahead and cook the stuffing in there, it tastes much better. It will take longer to cook the turkey however, the stuffing has to reach 165 degrees. If you put the stuffing you run the risk of overcooking the turkey, so pull the turkey when the temperature in the breast is done. Scoop out the stuffing and microwave in a bowl to 165 at least. If the turkey is larger than 12 pounds 30 minutes for rest would be better. 12 under 15 will do.

bbsam

Staff member
According to th chef, cooking the stuffing in the bird "changes the thermodynamics" which makes some sense. Apparently there are eggs in stuffing and getting them properly cooked will necessitate over cooking.