What can I do? (Sue or Grieve)

3peaks

wicked GT05
has ther been a time study on pee breaks????.....sorry just wondering....how many steps to bathroom....unzip.....shake....rezip....and back to your pull.....

cino321

Great Next time a supervisor OJS's me I'm going to take a leak so it can be documented that not only can i pull over 200 pieces a hour but I can do it while taking a leak.

tieguy

Banned
Typical a-hole mgmt comment.

You would be the expert on :censored2: comments. You have people that think the company should pay them to sit on the crapper all day. Someone who quickly takes care of their business and is not in the bathroom a lot does not get the grief you're talking about.

But what usually happens in these cases is someone is getting us for regularly timed long bathroom breaks and we are the bad guys that say hey johnny I'm not paying you for all those bathroom breaks.

So you guys give each other pointers on how to embarass managment into backing off and what you're really doing is giving each other pointers on how to sit on the crapper and get paid for doing nothing.

You would be the expert on :censored2: comments. You have people that think the company should pay them to sit on the crapper all day. Someone who quickly takes care of their business and is not in the bathroom a lot does not get the grief you're talking about.

But what usually happens in these cases is someone is getting us for regularly timed long bathroom breaks and we are the bad guys that say hey johnny I'm not paying you for all those bathroom breaks.

So you guys give each other pointers on how to embarass managment into backing off and what you're really doing is giving each other pointers on how to sit on the crapper and get paid for doing nothing.
If you reread my post I said to NOT fool around when doing one`s business. If somebody is screwing around then by all means take appropriate action. But if someone has legitimate need to use the facility then they should be allowed to do so without someone harrassing them. There is no guideline in any book or contract that states how often a person is allowed to use the restroom. One persons once a night is another persons four.

cpio

why would i attack you?

at this place, everyone in the unload/preload is part-time. anything over 5 hours is overtime. we get full benefits. i got the little union booklet and member card in the mail.

can i file a grievance over this? another co-worker said that he told a supervisor that he was going to file a grevance and the supervisor said "i have enough dirt on you to fire you", so he ended up not filing. he said that i would most likely get fired if i filed.

im new with with this union stuff, so i dont know man.

what should i do?

thanks.

Threatening an employee for lawfully exercising their collective bargaining rights is a violation of federal law. The following is an excerpt from the website of the National Labor Relations Board.

Examples of Employer Conduct Which Violate the NLRA Are:
  • Threatening employees with loss of jobs or benefits if they join or vote for a union or engage in protected concerted activity.
  • Threatening to close the plant if employees select a union to represent them.
  • Questioning employees about their union sympathies or activities in circumstances that tend to interfere with, restrain or coerce employees in the exercise of their rights under the Act.
  • Promising benefits to employees to discourage their union support.
  • Transferring, laying off, terminating, assigning employees more difficult work tasks, or otherwise punishing employees because they engaged in union or protected concerted activity.
  • Transferring, laying off, terminating, assigning employees more difficult work tasks, or otherwise punishing employees because they filed unfair labor practice charges or participated in an investigation conducted by NLRB.

tieguy

Banned
Good job. Teach the man how to fight the system so he can get all his extra bathroom breaks. Just be prepared to put him up in your house when the guy legitimately screws up somewhere , somehow and gets fired for it. He'll Piss of the sup, screw up somewhere down the road and get fired with no mercy because he was such a pain when he worked here. I have seen it way too many times.

This is where you guys screw your union brothers. You teach them just enough karate to get their buts kicked.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You seem to be in favor of teaching someone to be a sheep.

I categorically disagree, CACH. I think he's advocating for making people stand on their own and defend themselves. The union is around to protect the ingrates, the lazies and freeloaders. And I've been union before: UFCW in grocery retail and IBT at UPS. Only peope that really needed the union were the above in terms of job protection. Let's not even start the wage discussion here, OK? That belongs on another thread. -Rocky

Gee Rock,I`m none of the above and have needed representation 3 times in my 21 years. Maybe if your term of experience went longer than xmas peak you would be around long enough to cross paths with someone you would need the union to help deal with.