What can't you do on lunch break?

Ms.PacMan

Sorry but in today's UPS I would say it is. We aren't even allowed to carry liquid windex in our trucks but it's considered a controlled substance. I kid you not.
OSHA requires MSDS sheets on file for all substances that an employee uses. I would think if they printed one off for Windex and put it in the MSDS file it would then be allowed.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
I didn't read all the anecdotes but when you are on your mandated rest period i.e meal, you have to be "released from all responsibility". So you could make the argument that you can do whatever you want assuming you remain legal to drive at the end of such period (so no actually consuming alcohol). If you are responsible for upholding some sort of brand image that's not being relieved of all responsibility.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I don't think it would matter if you were in Taco Bell and that same scenario happened... a "hit and run" is simply that
I was hit and,almost,ran. I was delivering to a pharmacy and actually parked away from the front door. Nana,who had picked up her grandson from school,backed all the way across the parking lot to hit me. I heard the hit as I was coming out and she was putting the Buick in drive., I ran across the lot to stop her. Her grandson was bright red from embarrassment and damage to the PC was minimal BUT I still called in and had to spend an hour and a half waiting for UPS management to "investigate".I never called the police and neither did UPS so no ticket was issued,my truck was never fixed and as far as I know nothing was done.But I avoided a "sticky"situation.

JL 0513

I didn't read all the anecdotes but when you are on your mandated rest period i.e meal, you have to be "released from all responsibility". So you could make the argument that you can do whatever you want assuming you remain legal to drive at the end of such period (so no actually consuming alcohol). If you are responsible for upholding some sort of brand image that's not being relieved of all responsibility.

That's the thing, when we are in uniform and in public, we are never 100% relieved from duty. The uniform requires you to represent the company professionally. The public may always assume you are on the clock, and even if they didn't, they'd expect professionalism while in uniform.

Up to you if you want to go through the trouble of changing twice inside of an hour to truly be relieved of all duty.

NXA

Bought a tall can after work tonight as well, across the street from the center.
I keep a long-sleeve shirt or jacket in the car for a situation like this, I think we should make a gesture, as Teamsters, professional drivers, to cover up the shield when we go shopping after work, especially buying alcohol packaged for immediate consumption.