What do fellow drivers do on lunch??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Im going to try to change the posts up a bit. we all work 15 hours a day and are treated like retarded pack mules...it gets old listening to all those posts, everyone knows ups is unlike any other company and it sucks 99% of the time. Ok, now that we got that rant out, what do you you guys and gals do on your lunch period?Anything out of the ordinary? Any suggestions on lunchtime activities other than looking at your diad and wondering how the hell your going to finish all those stops you have left??

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Where I take lunch most days end up at a place where many office people have lunch. Great place to people watch, what goes on in the middle of a busy city sometimes make you laugh or shake your head in disbelief.

P.S.,
People keep trying to give me packages while I'm on lunch, like we're not supposed to have a break.....

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I usually deliver about 20 packages that I have pre recorded in the diad , drink a soda pop and wonder how the hell i`m going to finish my route before 8 30 pm.:thumbup1:

rod

Retired 22 years
On hot days I would go swimming at a lake on my route. Changed in the back of my truck. Did that for many years. I always carried an extra shirt and pair of shorts. In the winter I would visit my non- working friends at their fish house. I always wondered what UPS would say about me driving on the ice but apparently they didn't care as one time my center manager was driving during a ride along and he took a shortcut right across the middle of a lake without batting an eye. (This was way before "Ice Road Truckers" made the scene). :ohmy:

diesel96

I sleep....milemarker 168...I-95 rest stop:closedeye
Years ago in pkgs there was 6 of us who met at a park and played a little 3 on 3 pick-up basketball or football frisbee.
But, during peak you better not bother me during my lunch hour!
Bad Santa - Santa having lunch
Warning...have the young ones leave the room!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
i go to a Massage parlor for 45 mins. As an upsman i also get a nice special discount.

mr v do you find the massages helpful. I have thought about that or a hot tub. one guy in my center goes in his before work and at night and says it has helped with soreness .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Old story....

I once gave my hubby a certificate for a massage as a birthday present.

Before he could use it, the place was raided by police for prostitution. I had no clue......I just happened to read about it in the paper.

Hard to believe it happened in little old Mission Viejo. I was really happy he hadn't gone.

browned_out

:thumbup1: I find a nice quiet spot away from people where I can relax and read, I only take a 1/2 hr for lunch so this is my time. Every once in a while I'll get the person who needs to "get" their pkg, unfortunatly they pull out a USPS slip, what a joke.

Pollocknbrown

I sleep....milemarker 168...I-95 rest stop:closedeye
Years ago in pkgs there was 6 of us who met at a park and played a little 3 on 3 pick-up basketball or football frisbee.
But, during peak you better not bother me during my lunch hour!
YouTube - Bad Santa - Santa having lunch
Warning...have the young ones leave the room!

HAHAHA i honestly got fired from A pizzeria up here b/c they were busy and one of my co-workers asked me to help and i flipped out because i was on my lunch break and a customer with kids in the front of the pizzeria heard me..... i was 16 so its water under the bridge :tongue_sm

helenofcalifornia

Lunch with the guys some of the time. There are those guys that take the 1/2 hour lunch and those that take the 1 hour lunch. Now that it is beginning to get darker at nights, we will doing the 1/2 hour lunch more.

Sammie

Feeder guy has lunch at a little diner in Kansas where the Denver feeder guys, the Fedex guys and some Kansas farmers meet and play penny anny poker or some such thing and the winner can take home as much as two or three whole dollars.. :thumbup1:

Either that or they crash out for an hour.

Or take a book on tape to listen to at lunch if you're alone. They're free at the library.

Practice martial arts when no one's looking.

Just remember for those who take a tiny break or no lunch at all,
more work isn't better work. Your mind and body need a break!

clipper98

Eat Lunch and read the paper

Im going to try to change the posts up a bit. we all work 15 hours a day and are treated like retarded pack mules...it gets old listening to all those posts, everyone knows ups is unlike any other company and it sucks 99% of the time. Ok, now that we got that rant out, what do you you guys and gals do on your lunch period?Anything out of the ordinary? Any suggestions on lunchtime activities other than looking at your diad and wondering how the hell your going to finish all those stops you have left??

Big Babooba

I have a spot on my route that is next to a stream where I lunch. After I eat, I find some soft packages to make a pillow and sleep off the rest of my hour. After lunch, I count up my remaining stops and call for help.

SmithBarney

Parked in the shade today, for 1.5 hours... drew up some cheat sheets for my route(heavy memorization, University campus with unmarked buildings.)
Rolled up my jacket, took a nap on the shelf... and at 2:30 started my pickups..

Generally I'll stop at a lake around 1pm and eat with my wife.. then I'll sit and look at my last 15-20 stops and figure out the best way to run them(new route)

When I was at UPS, I would stop at a park with my fiance(now my wife) if I was in town.. if I was out of town... I would stop on the side of the road, along a river... etc..
Once I covered the route my house was on, and I would take a nap at home... talk about refreshing.

There was one guy who would take a couple golf clubs(in a cardboard tube) and go to the driving range on his route.

over9five

Staff member
I used to have lunch at a cafeteria on my route with the Fedex driver. It was years ago, but people still bring it up. They can't get over that we are not mortal enemies!

DS

Fenderbender
For me I like to take at least a half hour to eat,and relax.I always bring my lunch.The heater in my p800 works great in conjunction with my vest and my winter coat.Today I had spaghetti with meat sauce,romano cheeze and fresh ground pepper.I had some left over and I shared it with a herd of canada geese...ever see a goose eat spaghetti?
I love my lunch.

satellitedriver

Old story....

I once gave my hubby a certificate for a massage as a birthday present.

Before he could use it, the place was raided by police for prostitution. I had no clue......I just happened to read about it in the paper.

Hard to believe it happened in little old Mission Viejo. I was really happy he hadn't gone.
So, I presume he gave the certificate back to you?
PAX