What do you do after a bad day at work?

Deuce

Well, I'm just curious how you guys handle having a bad day at work, because lord knows, if you work at UPS you have plenty of frusterating days. what do you guys do after a bad day?

25yrvet

I spend time with the dogs when I first come in the door--they're always happy to see me & it puts me in alot better mood for the family. Try not to bring your job home with you.
Remember this phrase I came up with years ago-

UPS is my living, not my life

upsdude

Well, if it’s that bad a day, I’m probably getting home really late so I just go to bed.
For a regular bad day (LOL) I head out to my garage and cut weld or burn something. Makes me feel better. Nothing like a few minutes building something out of metal to release inner aggression. LOL.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
40 minute ride, stop get gas, Bi*** about the cost bi*** and moan to my self, get home see my dog, see my house, see my kids and grandkids pics on the wall. See my husband eagerly awaiting my return. Thank God I made it through another day. And realize tomorrow will be better, maybe. And think about how much $ I made. Get on browncafe, see others had a bad day, see its universal feel much better Then relax with several drinks, watch the news get depressed fall asleep in front of the fire, and wake up refreshed

DS

Fenderbender
Takes me bout 45 min to get home to a hungry overly affectionate cat.Feed him,and crack a wobbly pop,let him hug and snoogle me for as long as I can take it,turn on my computer and read the news.Its usually even more depressing than how bad my day went.After a couple more pops I`m just peachy.

Overpaid Union Thug

I pretty much just fill out the "PreCom" thingy in the DIAD and clock out, make the 5 minute trip home, walk in the door and tickle my little boy until he almost passes out, then kiss my wife all over her face until she starts giggling. Usually I'm already forgetting about the crappy day I just had 10 minutes or so after I walk in the door. If I had a bad day and my wife and kid isn't home then I usually swing by Wal-Mart (even though i absolutely hate delivering there) and just browse around the store. I may hate delivering there but I love shopping there. If they had decent clothes I would never shop anywhere else! After about 10 minutes in there I feel better. If I had a REALLY bad day sometimes during the following day I will be looking for packages that aren't even in the truck. I'll be looking for an address I delivered to the day before. Yeah I know it's wierd but it happens. I'll turn down a street that I don't even have a package for.

i have a beer....then another.....then another......then another......then another.....then another......go pee...but first get another.........go to sleep..........wake up.......CALL IN SICK. Makes me feel GREAT. :w00t:

Griff

Take a longer than normal steaming hot shower. When I step out of that shower I don't even remember that I work for UPS.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Well, not after a bad day but almost everyday (evening). My neighbors (6 of us regulars) meet at a grassy thruway that runs between our houses to drink,talk,bbq,whatever........much like that show "King of the Hill".

Yup.....Yup...Yup.....Uh-Huh....

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Well, if it’s that bad a day, I’m probably getting home really late so I just go to bed.
For a regular bad day (LOL) I head out to my garage and cut weld or burn something. Makes me feel better. Nothing like a few minutes building something out of metal to release inner aggression. LOL.
Though I don't cut or weld due to lack of equipment and a garage. I always make time to burn something.:wink:

30andout

Try one of these, there a lot of fun. 2006_1012bsr20010.JPG
2006_1012bsr20010.JPG

dammor

hen.jpg

I drink Hennessy

So does my preloader. Perhaps that's part of the problem.

Seriously though, I try not to bring it home. I am just grateful to be here.
I wash off the dirt, hug those I love, and try to get to bed before midnight.
A bit of wine is not uncommon.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Though I don't cut or weld due to lack of equipment and a garage. I always make time to burn something.:wink:

While I do have this equipment I try to burn dinner in case my hubby thinks I should cook once in awhile, this assures I dont have to for at least a week, get home, cook= burn dinner, repeat.