what do you do as a drivers helper?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
your wasting your time,, you will work under 3 hrs a day and the day after xmas you will no longer be needed
Thats the way it is here, like I said, go for an inside job and hope to be called back many months after Christmas.

OG MIKE

yah i figured that..my idea is to get into ups as a drivers helper,and make friends with every one lol and tell them if you see a package handler position open up to call me personally or idk..basically im just trying to get my foot in the door...when i apply for package handler again i think they would rather hire some one that has worked in ups rather some one who hasnt worked ther at all

H

HelloWorld

Not sure what the problem is... PT workers are constantly leaving and being replaced. Or at least a group of them. Can't understand why some people seem to have so many problems landing the job through an interview.

UPSGUY72

Not sure what the problem is... PT workers are constantly leaving and being replaced. Or at least a group of them. Can't understand why some people seem to have so many problems landing the job through an interview.[/QUOTE

I can name a couple of reasons

There past
There past employment record
There criminal record
No car
No phone

UPS wants to hire people that come to work everyday and doesn't steal and when they can't show up have the ability to call in.

abc123

oh ok..well i was planning on telling them a better excuse why im leaving :wink2: a lot better..you know what im saying...maybe a family medical emergency..trust me i regret paying for the cruise,its just that i got a really good price if i paid in ahead of time...i cant cancel it at all..ill just loose all of the money..so even if i make friend with the driver i work with and do my job very well,i wont have a chance of getting hired again? maybe not getting called back but if i do the whole web site thing all over again

Not sure if this is possible, but maybe you could sell your cruise to a friend or on craigslist for cheap and at least recoup your losses.

959Nanook

Is it possible to get hired permanently AFTER working temporarily during peak season...yes (I did). Is it likely... no. My center averages one per peak season out of about twenty temporary hires that gets hired permanently and actually makes it to the next peak season (we will probably have none this year but they will sell the pie in the sky to every temporary hire). Do most want to get hired permanently AFTER working temporarily during peak season...no. Why not? They can get a job down the street for better starting pay and starting benefits with a lot less heart ache, lower standards, and less work required of them. Will it be any easier if you go on the cruise... no.

just interested

Why not just tell them up front about your cruise - that way there are no surprises. If they won't hire you because of it, then sell it off on ebay or craigs list or to a family member......hopefully, they'll say it's fine.

H

HelloWorld

That is kind of funny, because I was hired on right off the bat. I have a criminal record of theft that I disclosed to them. I have no phone, no car. I also had no prior job experience.

OG MIKE

lmao stealin the hearts of the ladies lol thats funny...so i just got back from my interview,it was really quick and they just told me to check my email..i asked them about the tattoo and they said i might have to cover it if i go driving with the driver..but if i stay in the building i wont have to cover it..she didnt seem to concerned about it...now i know i asked this question about 50 times all ready lol but when i was leaving the building and i saw some drivers and none of them had visable tattoos...i now know my tattoo is fine for drivers helper but do you guys think it will be ok for driver? (in the future)...or am i just being paranoid lol

Notcool

I have never done driver helper. I have been inside the hub for five years thinking about doing it this season but really don't want to shave my beard