What do you drive for UPS?

What do you drive for UPS?

• Total voters

samiam

I wish, there for I am?
P12

Nice to have an automatic and power steering. They are also easier to get in and out of (the steps are a little lower)

Only down side is the thing is packed full when I leave the Hub and packed full when I return.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm bored. Need a poll.

You left out the P7,P32,P34, and some other weird sizes. I drive a 2006 P70D Model, 56K on the odometer, hasn't been washed since February. I also drive some ancient P5s in the morning running EAMs, no telling when they were built.:bored:

over9five

Staff member
"You left out the P7,P32,P34, and some other weird sizes."

I ran out of room! It only allowed ten choices.

I drive a P12. It's a Cadillac, I love it. Down side is it's the new type which has a huge turning radius, much larger than the older P12s.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Normally a P500. 21 years old, 630K on it. Runs like a champ :)

Now that I'm seasonal I'm in a P-1200. Talk about a difference. Having a diesel and power steering is nice though.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
"You left out the P7,P32,P34, and some other weird sizes."

I ran out of room! It only allowed ten choices.

I drive a P12. It's a Cadillac, I love it. Down side is it's the new type which has a huge turning radius, much larger than the older P12s.

No kidding, I've seen aircraft carriers that turn tighter.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
HA HA HA I bet it does

It does. Got a new motor about a year ago. When I'm running down the freeway I set the "package car cruise control" (hold your foot on the floor) and in most trucks I'll be lucky to do 70. Can't do that with this one or else I'll end up running right on the governor and doing almost 90 :lol: Almost got a ticket because I wasn't watching that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm sure that P12 is nice to drive, the problem is that it holds too many boxes :p. After years of running heavy commercial routes I took a country run in a brand new P57. Power steering, automatic, and rarely more than 120 packages. It's (almost) like driving around in a car all day.

diesel96

20 yrs in pkg cars,never once had a new,like new,car.Never had power steering,wide doors,lower step,auotmatic.
As we get older and attain more senority,doesn't it make sense to assign senior drivers with the newer,delivery friendlier vehicle.Liberty Mutual would agree(our workers comp carrier)

But know,mngmt would assign vehicles to favorites,and to whomever would b*itch loudest,brownnosers and to wussies with doctor's notes.
Then I would see rookies driving new trucks and mngt claiming that vehicles belong to the route.

Well after years of driving old clunkers,Ive made it to Feeders finally,but guess what ,my tractor has a million miles on it.I can't win,maybe the day before I retire I'll get a new vehicle.

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Can you say "big truck"
Krash that avatar of yours is a picuture of the rig that is used to pull around the centennial celebration tour trailers. Are you saying that you are working driving that sleeper rig? If so cool if not I can say"not your big truck"

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
I drive a modified P1. 1989 model. 220k on the odometer. Very first year of the power steering trucks. Has the Int'l powerstroke in it (7.3 liter). Came modified from factory with a swing gate in year with a hitch attachment so it can tow a trailer (I tow a TP60). Plus, it's a VERY high step. A tad bit higher (because they had to lift it a little more to give clearance for the hitch).

I started my career driving P5's, P6's, P8's, and P1's. All old style, small cabs, non power steering and brakes. I didn't get the above car until a year or two ago. Mostly for the engine. I'm not complaining, and love the truck. BUT, we have a route that may be coming up for bid here shortly. Rural route with a P57. Really thinking about taking it. Though I love my route and my customers, would be nice to watch my piece count drop by 2/3rds and pickups drop almost 95%.