What happened to the On Time Network?

iowa boy

Every day is different here. But I think the company was surprised by how many people for on the 9.5 list

I think the plan that they had late last year was to cut most of the overtime out so that people would beg to have it back and not get on the list

Its funny, we were told before peak last year, "no more that 9 hours, this will be the easiest peak ever. That lasted less than 3 days. Was told again in February this year, "9.1 plan days for every one, no more over 9.5. I've had 6 weeks since the first week of march that I have been under 50 hours for the week.

And now we are being told that no one will have over a 9.5 day after labor day because of all the extra drivers we will have.

And with FedEx dropping out of the amazon game, that means more hell for us as the post offices around here handle just a portion of the ground volume from amazon so guess who gets the rest? We have no Amazon delivery around here, very little Lasership and maybe one or two DHL vans per week that I see.

Can't wait for the 70 hour weeks to start after Thanksgiving this year.

Its funny, we were told before peak last year, "no more that 9 hours, this will be the easiest peak ever. That lasted less than 3 days. Was told again in February this year, "9.1 plan days for every one, no more over 9.5. I've had 6 weeks since the first week of march that I have been under 50 hours for the week.

And now we are being told that no one will have over a 9.5 day after labor day because of all the extra drivers we will have.

And with FedEx dropping out of the amazon game, that means more hell for us as the post offices around here handle just a portion of the ground volume from amazon so guess who gets the rest? We have no Amazon delivery around here, very little Lasership and maybe one or two DHL vans per week that I see.

Can't wait for the 70 hour weeks to start after Thanksgiving this year.
Double time after 60

PT Car Washer

You'd think they'd want to get that cheaper/more flexible labor going..... BUT.... this is UPS
My building can't even hire enough regular package delivery drivers. New hires are a revolving door. Some only last one day after a weeks training. Even worse then the PT retention rate. Maybe this is the plan?

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I feel embarrassed when I am delivering shoes off amazon as my first stop and my last stop is a critical healthcare temperature sensitive delivery...shame on you UPS.
I get embarrassed too. No joke they tried to give me a warning letter for delivering straight air (10:30 commits and I didn’t get on area until 11am) two critical healthcare packages and a slew of other air. Accused me of time theft and failure to work as directed because they said air in trace. It was a :censored2: show of a day and needed to get bailed out or I wouldn’t have finished before I ran out of hours. They don’t care about commits, everyday now it’s get off what’s convenient Now I just tell customers to call the 1800 number for a refund. It’s ridiculous.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I get embarrassed too. No joke they tried to give me a warning letter for delivering straight air (10:30 commits and I didn’t get on area until 11am) two critical healthcare packages and a slew of other air. Accused me of time theft and failure to work as directed because they said air in trace. It was a :censored2: show of a day and needed to get bailed out or I wouldn’t have finished before I ran out of hours. They don’t care about commits, everyday now it’s get off what’s convenient Now I just tell customers to call the 1800 number for a refund. It’s ridiculous.
Unfortunately they have the option to run the company how they see fit. If they say air on trace then run trace so you're working as directed. But 20 minutes before the commit time those packages will pop to the top of your diad meaning they want them delivered then right? So tell your center manger you will run 100% trace and then they can't accuse you of anything since their technology is what you go by. Just gotta play their games long enough and they will realize they can't win.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Guess they are holding off long as they can to save on the pension payments

I believe they have 18 months from when the contract was ratified at the end of April
We got 22.4 bid sheets here. They just say work as directed. Tuesday to Saturday. Up to 90 min lunch if inside work is included.

GenericUsername

I feel embarrassed when I am delivering shoes off amazon as my first stop and my last stop is a critical healthcare temperature sensitive delivery...shame on you UPS.

I'm pretty sure whenever they started to implement Saturday ground around here we were told it was for critical care packages and other medically necessary deliveries for resis and some businesses. Now I'm seeing Saturdays are mostly Comcast boxes and Amazon 2nd day stuff so the Monday guys aren't overwhelmed. It's pretty sad to be honest.