What happens?

700 PPH

I was actually wondering the samething about this. I am in a similar situation.

I have worked in my HUB as a loader for about 7 months now and I was curious as to what would happen if I called out 3 days in a row. In my time at UPS I have already called about about 5 times probably(I did have one sick day apparently though since I got paid for my most recent sick call, to my surprise). I was planinng on taking a very short trip to London this November(before peak) to visit someone. However since I have not even been at UPS for a year yet I don't have any vacation time or option days w/e they are called.

I am not sure if I should just be honest and trying asking my full-time supervisor(who is a really nice guy and likes me a lot..not in THAT way though!) for a few days off, or just calling out 3 days in a row.

This obviously wouldnt be a big deal if I had been here a year already but since I dont have any personal option days yet I am not sure what I should do.

Any advice?..There is a good chance that I will go either way, so I just want to know what the best route to take here would be.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was actually wondering the samething about this. I am in a similar situation.

I have worked in my HUB as a loader for about 7 months now and I was curious as to what would happen if I called out 3 days in a row. In my time at UPS I have already called about about 5 times probably(I did have one sick day apparently though since I got paid for my most recent sick call, to my surprise). I was planinng on taking a very short trip to London this November(before peak) to visit someone. However since I have not even been at UPS for a year yet I don't have any vacation time or option days w/e they are called.

I am not sure if I should just be honest and trying asking my full-time supervisor(who is a really nice guy and likes me a lot..not in THAT way though!) for a few days off, or just calling out 3 days in a row.

This obviously wouldnt be a big deal if I had been here a year already but since I dont have any personal option days yet I am not sure what I should do.

Any advice?..There is a good chance that I will go either way, so I just want to know what the best route to take here would be.
You kids nowadays...........sheesh. Why, when I started at UPS, I worked one straight year before I took any days off. Why is it that you young whippershnapper's have to run off everytime you get a tingle? And to make matter's woise, you want us to give you advice on how to get you out of woik.:knockedout:

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
You kids nowadays...........sheesh. Why, when I started at UPS, I worked one straight year before I took any days off. Why is it that you young whippershnapper's have to run off everytime you get a tingle? And to make matter's woise, you want us to give you advice on how to get you out of woik.:knockedout:
Heck when i started in Sept of the year i started for UPS and it was time to graduate in June.They were not going to let me have the day off because of so many people taking that day off for thier kids graduation. Luckly for me it was my high school graduation so i got the day off.

Theichii

thanks for all the replies ended up talking to what felt like congress to get my vacation moved from april to the end of may/beginning of june, which was a week i could take on my own. And to whoever posted about "bride" and something about "progressive" : yes I am proposing to a female lol, you can see her in my profile picture.

chopstic

What does our contract say about calling in sick? Does it list specific sicknesses that are allowed and others that aren't? I do know that we are not required to disclose whatever we are sick with. Maybe I'm "sick" of work, maybe my car broke down, maybe I have a life-threatening illness, it doesn't really matter what it is. The only way it will be dishonest is if you attempt to explain why you are sick... so just DONT give them an explanation, you are NOT required to.

And the Doctors note requirement is misunderstood. You may be required to obtain a doctor's note, but that note is not to prove you were sick. The note is only to prove you are in good enough health to work. In fact... I could go in to my doctor right now and produce a note that says I am in good enough physical health to work at UPS, and I haven't been sick in over a year

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
thanks for all the replies ended up talking to what felt like congress to get my vacation moved from april to the end of may/beginning of june, which was a week i could take on my own. And to whoever posted about "bride" and something about "progressive" : yes I am proposing to a female lol, you can see her in my profile picture.
That was me. That's a very nice picture of you and the future Mrs Theichii. I wish you very many happy years together. Oh, and congratulations on being honest and upfront, even if it did mean going before Congress.

What does our contract say about calling in sick? Does it list specific sicknesses that are allowed and others that aren't? I do know that we are not required to disclose whatever we are sick with. Maybe I'm "sick" of work, maybe my car broke down, maybe I have a life-threatening illness, it doesn't really matter what it is. The only way it will be dishonest is if you attempt to explain why you are sick... so just DONT give them an explanation, you are NOT required to.

And the Doctors note requirement is misunderstood. You may be required to obtain a doctor's note, but that note is not to prove you were sick. The note is only to prove you are in good enough health to work. In fact... I could go in to my doctor right now and produce a note that says I am in good enough physical health to work at UPS, and I haven't been sick in over a year
Well said, chopstic!

QKRSTKR

Well I'm glad you got the week. I just think it was wrong to ask a senior driver to hold a week for you. Senority is for a reason, and HI is open year round. Ever hear of winter vacations? Usually not a problem to get.

As far as calling in, in the Central States, we do only call in once. Need to call back in to let them know you are coming back to work. 3 days or more you need a doctors note.