What I Believe is Truth: The Death of Objective Reality

Meat

Many on this site deny the existence of climate change, despite the fact that a credible study has shown that 97 percent of peer reviewed articles by climatologists suggest that climate change is taking place, and that the phenomenon is created by human activity:

Scientific Consensus | Facts – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Why do partisan automatons deny unequivocal scientific facts?

It’s unfortunate that deductive logic is slowly being displaced by misguided notions of political dogma.

floridays

Many on this site deny the existence of climate change, despite the fact that a credible study has shown that 97 percent of peer reviewed articles by climatologists suggest that climate change is taking place, and that the phenomenon is created by human activity:

It’s unfortunate that deductive logic is slowly being displaced by misguided notions of political dogma.

You answered your own question in the initial post, can you not see the creep of the terms that are used. You are guilty of trying to weaponize the climate to promote your political dogma, don't project your actions on those who hold an opposing view.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I believe the issue is the "and that the phenomenon is created by human activity".
I believe 100% of scientists believe the climate is getting warmer.
There is considerably more than 3% that dispute that the current climate change is caused almost exclusively by humans.

vantexan

It may very well be happening but the Left has no one else to blame but themselves for resistance. Why? What the Left is about is control, and spreading the wealth to achieve that control. Thus anything the Left advocates is suspect. There may come a time when the Right has to admit there's a serious problem. But they'll wait as long as possible to make sure it's not a ploy. Meanwhile, while the American Left is crying foul, the rest of the world is polluting like crazy. All that plastic in the ocean isn't from the U.S.. Not certain, but there may not be any American cities on the 500 most polluted list. An awful lot of Chinese and Indian cities are. Get them to clean up their act and maybe much of the problem will be negated. Pretty sure if the U.S. does everything perfect at this point, which will never happen, what's happening in the rest of the world will assure our eventual doom, if there's a doom coming.

Last edited:

vantexan

I believe the issue is the "and that the phenomenon is created by human activity".
There is considerably more than 3% that dispute that the current climate change is caused almost exclusively by humans.
Saw a climatologist say last night that so far September is the third coolest September on record.

Meat

Are these “scientists” publishing articles that are being reviewed by other scientists, or posting their findings in a trade journal?

BrownArmy

It doesn’t matter whether or not humans are the proximate cause, it’s happening.

While the Left loses their minds and the Right denies science, here we are.

We get situations in NC, where the Legislature made it illegal to use climate data to make projections about where people could or couldn’t build near the coast.

Guess who’s gonna pick up that tab after Florence...you and me. It’s ridiculous.

Caused by humans? Sure.

Not caused by humans? Great.

Either way we need to get our collective heads out of our collective asses.

We’re now having 500/1000 year flood events on a yearly basis, and my opinion is that we should adapt to our new reality and plan for the future.

We’re gonna pay one way or another, might as well make a plan.

What we’re doing now is equivalent to planning for Retirement by buying lottery tickets.

I mean, that might work...

newfie

unequivocal scientific fats told me the world would end in 2016. my own facts tell me that the world continued after 2016. which one am I suppose to believe?