What I would change about the Super Bowl

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Change #1--Eliminate the empty week between the AFC/NFC championship games and the Super Bowl. All of the hype gets old, and the teams lose their rythm and get rusty with a one week layoff. Play the damn game already and quit making everybody wait.

Change #2--Eliminate the Pro Bowl. Nobody gives a damn about this game, including the players. They dont want to get hurt. They are playing at half speed, its not a "real" game, they might as well be running around with no pads playing flag football.

Change #3--Play the Super Bowl on a Saturday, not a Sunday. The Super Bowl has become a de facto national holiday. People who dont even like football watch it because they want to see the funny commercials. Everybody hosts parties where people get drunk. The game doesnt end until 9:00 or later on the East coast. If the game was on a Saturday, people could sleep off their hangovers the next day instead of calling in sick to work on Monday morning and screwing over those of us who do show up.

Change #4--Either play the game at the home field of the team with the best record, or let every city with an NFL team take turns hosting it. Dont limit the venue to domes or warm-weather stadiums. I dont care if its 20 below zero in Green Bay or Chicago or Buffalo, real fans can bundle up and deal with it just like the players will. Football is a mans game, it gets played in the mud and rain and snow and freezing cold, and the Super Bowl shouldnt be an exception. Lambeu field in Green Bay has been sold out for the last 100 years and you might as well be at the North Pole when you attend a game there in December. Green Bay deserves a Super Bowl as much as any other NFL city does!

Change #5--The halftime show should be performed by a local high school marching band. I'm tired of 25 minute halftime rock concerts. Its a football game not a variety show. I want to see football, not Janet Jacksons boobs. Halftime is supposed to be a 15 minute break in the game where the teams go into the locker room and get their asses chewed out by the coach while fans go to the bathroom, run to the store for more beer, and call Dominos for another pizza. Get back on the field and finish the damn game already!

texan

Change #1--Eliminate the empty week between the AFC/NFC championship games and the Super Bowl. All of the hype gets old, and the teams lose their rythm and get rusty with a one week layoff. Play the damn game already and quit making everybody wait.

Change #2--Eliminate the Pro Bowl. Nobody gives a damn about this game, including the players. They dont want to get hurt. They are playing at half speed, its not a "real" game, they might as well be running around with no pads playing flag football.

Change #3--Play the Super Bowl on a Saturday, not a Sunday. The Super Bowl has become a de facto national holiday. People who dont even like football watch it because they want to see the funny commercials. Everybody hosts parties where people get drunk. The game doesnt end until 9:00 or later on the East coast. If the game was on a Saturday, people could sleep off their hangovers the next day instead of calling in sick to work on Monday morning and screwing over those of us who do show up.

Change #4--Either play the game at the home field of the team with the best record, or let every city with an NFL team take turns hosting it. Dont limit the venue to domes or warm-weather stadiums. I dont care if its 20 below zero in Green Bay or Chicago or Buffalo, real fans can bundle up and deal with it just like the players will. Football is a mans game, it gets played in the mud and rain and snow and freezing cold, and the Super Bowl shouldnt be an exception. Lambeu field in Green Bay has been sold out for the last 100 years and you might as well be at the North Pole when you attend a game there in December. Green Bay deserves a Super Bowl as much as any other NFL city does!

Change #5--The halftime show should be performed by a local high school marching band. I'm tired of 25 minute halftime rock concerts. Its a football game not a variety show. I want to see football, not Janet Jacksons boobs. Halftime is supposed to be a 15 minute break in the game where the teams go into the locker room and get their asses chewed out by the coach while fans go to the bathroom, run to the store for more beer, and call Dominos for another pizza. Get back on the field and finish the damn game already!

Excellent post. I agree haha on " I want to see football, not Janet Jacksons boobs" and many other points.
I had ESPN on today and got sick of it very soon.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I seriously agree with changing the game to Saturday.

I would be interested in learning the stats of accidents, drunk driving arrests and domestic violence occurences 12 hours after the game.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Halftime?

Yes and no.

Sir Paul played one of the better shows in my recent memory.

And I feel the artists need to followwhat I call the "Ricky Nelson Rule"...don't showcase new stuff.

I would love a Bon Jovi or AC DC show.

And none of this multi-artist BS - concentrate on one act.

TheKid

I like the week off in between to allow some 'bumps and bruises' to heal. I like both teams to be at full strength. I would vote for New Orleans to be the host city every year. As far as a half time show, I really do not have an opinion as long as it is Bruce Springsteen every single year. Actually, as long as it is someone relevant . . . Madonna ? Really ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sober, I agree 100% with changing the game to Saturday.

I like the neutral warm weather/dome site and the halftime shows.

I love the commercials (VW "Darth Vader")

The players treat the Pro Bowl as a mini-vacation and bring their families to Hawaii. I like the game as it is wide open offense but I would like to see it returned to the week after the Super Bowl.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I like the week off in between to allow some 'bumps and bruises' to heal. I like both teams to be at full strength. I would vote for New Orleans to be the host city every year. As far as a half time show, I really do not have an opinion as long as it is Bruce Springsteen every single year. Actually, as long as it is someone relevant . . . Madonna ? Really ?

Kid, are you sucking up to me?

New Orleans 2013 - Superbowl in the Mercedes Benz Superdome

P

pickup

I seriouysly agree with changing the game to Saturday.

I would be interested in learning the stats of accidents, drunk driving arrests and domestic violence occurences 12 hours after the game.

I think if the game were moved to Saturday , those stats would be worse as Saturday night is already a prime night for drinking.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think if the game were moved to Saturday , those stats would be worse as Saturday night is already a prime night for drinking.

...and it would be easier to find a seat at Sunday morning mass. On the flip side, the number of people "banging in" on Monday would drop dramatically.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Gee thanks A.J. Now my Star Wars obsessed 10 year old has only played that like a 100 times so far.

I then feel my mission was accomplished.

Jaba will now allow me to be free of chains but asked me to keep the outfit...because I did something that inspired your AWESOME son to act!!

He is your blessing and at times when you send me his picture...he becomes my blessing.

I then feel my mission was accomplished.

Jaba will now allow me to be free of chains but asked me to keep the outfit...because I did something that inspired your AWESOME son to act!!

He is your blessing and at times when you send me his picture...he becomes my blessing.

Your angel is the 4 yr old. The 10 year old is the one named after you. He's house broken if you'd like to adopt him. :happy2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What I would change about the Super Bowl is the food.
Why can't you have broiled lobster and drawn butter? Shrimp cocktail?
Filet mignon? Loaded baked potatoes? Creamed Spinach? Tableclothes on
your TV tray?