what is a serious offense

brownrodster

Management can fire you for anything. However, the union can in most cases get your job back. The following things they can get rid of you without progressive dicipline and the union will likely not get you your job back.

"In cases of:

1 Proven Dishonesty
2 drinking of alcoholic beverages while on duty
3 recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty
4 the carrying of unauthorized passengers
5 unprovoked assault of an employee or supervisory employee while on duty
6 selling, transporting or use if illegal narcotics while in the employment of the employer
7 willful, wanton or malicious damage to the employer's property

shall be dischargeable offenses without the necessity of a warning letter being in effect."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
1 Proven Dishonesty
6 selling, transporting or use if illegal narcotics while in the employment of the employer

1. Not yet
2. have done this many times
3. still rubbing mt rabbit's foot
4. hmmmm
5. hmmmm
6. Does that include all the illegal stuff I've delivered.
7. saving this one for my last working day. Going to roll that package car off of a cliff.

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
That's one for the methods they told us to use when unloading an over 70 with no help.

no...not rolling them.....i mean "rolling" them as in not delivering them and bringing them back to the building so they can be delivered by the regular or another driver the next day.
haha

IDoLessWorkThanMost

1 Proven Dishonesty

1. Not yet
2. have done this many times
3. still rubbing mt rabbit's foot
4. hmmmm
5. hmmmm
6. Does that include all the illegal stuff I've delivered.
7. saving this one for my last working day. Going to roll that package car off of a cliff.

Unauthorized passengers??? :laughing::laughing:

no...not rolling them.....i mean "rolling" them as in not delivering them and bringing them back to the building so they can be delivered by the regular or another driver the next day.
haha

oooooooh, see, in my head it sounds the same. LOL. I heard a sups say something about "smoking" a package the other day, this may be what he was referring to. I just thought he was using some kind of drug term.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
drinking on job, I knew a guy who got it back ,went away for help no strikes left!!! also new 2 people who got jobs back for having non ups personel on vehicle, 1 got caught giving ride to shipper across parking lot to other warehouse in cab of a feeder, and the other was giving a ride to a shipper,oh i can I put this, lets just say in the back of a parked package car,if we can all get that picture :surprised:. sup snuck up on them with a key!! lol both had some splainin to do but both jobs saved........... STEALING!!!!!!!! never saw a guy come back from that!!!!! treat em all like card board don't even think whats in em!!!!

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
Haha

"rolling"
"burning"
"soaking"
"smoking"
"flagging"

"pretend agains"
"round trippers"

you people have me rollin on the floor over here! Those are all good ones!