What is going on Memphis the last 3 days?

Serf

Ups and post office has announced they are working and staffed. We’ve probably just lost Richards baby, looks like cardinal is shifting heavyweight and partials to UPS in droves! That’s what I’m hearing out of Nashville.
I read the same. Right now it feels like a sinking ship. It’s never been great, but never too terrible. But lately, the inability to adapt or do anything strategic is beyond frustrating. Especially when you see and hear other companies are fine.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I read the same. Right now it feels like a sinking ship. It’s never been great, but never too terrible. But lately, the inability to adapt or do anything strategic is beyond frustrating. Especially when you see and hear other companies are fine.
According to @59 Dano , at Fedex it's only a temporary problem.

This too shall pass, and refusal to acknowledge the value of their employees will elevate the company to new heights. Management intellect strikes again!

Artee

Ups and post office has announced they are working and staffed. We’ve probably just lost Richards baby, looks like cardinal is shifting heavyweight and partials to UPS in droves! That’s what I’m hearing out of Nashville.
We have not even moving heavyweight right now in almost a week, unless its medical priority. I imagine shippers are looking at other options to ship heavyweight at this time and might find better rates once they start shopping around and not come back to FDX. Heavyweight is supposed to start back up on Friday, but we will see. I know Tesla is not happy with what's going on. BMW another big account for us has actually closed down for a week because of staffing issues due to Covid.

Aquaman

“Additionally, severe winter weather across the country has placed a strain on operations. Volume currently moving through the network will be prioritized for processing.” Uhmmm the weather hasn’t been that bad.

FedEx President and COO Raj Subramaniam acknowledged the problem. Competition from other freight companies for workers was also adding to the labor shortage. Uhmmm the other freight companies being the higher paying branches of FedEx lol.

This omicron hasn’t hit UPS as hard because guess what, UPS employees are going to work with colds. They don’t have the bitter pissed off work culture that Express has. They don’t have 20 year couriers making $24/hr looking for a free week off because their nose is running. Remember the days of being sick… and going to work anyway.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
LOL, BNA gossip!

zeev

We have not even moving heavyweight right now in almost a week, unless its medical priority. I imagine shippers are looking at other options to ship heavyweight at this time and might find better rates once they start shopping around and not come back to FDX. Heavyweight is supposed to start back up on Friday, but we will see. I know Tesla is not happy with what's going on. BMW another big account for us has actually closed down for a week because of staffing issues due to Covid.
Where do you ship Tesla from

Basement Dweller

I love the bad weather excuse from corporate. It has been the mildest winter for both the Mem and Indy hub in years, but a tiny bit of frost or an inch of rain causes them to go into a panic. They don't want to say that all the loyal bootlickers retired and the fresh blood they hired are a bunch of lazy adults who saw the $20 a hour fliers and too stupid to figure out they're being scammed until they're burned out.

AB831

I love the bad weather excuse from corporate. It has been the mildest winter for both the Mem and Indy hub in years, but a tiny bit of frost or an inch of rain causes them to go into a panic. They don't want to say that all the loyal bootlickers retired and the fresh blood they hired are a bunch of lazy adults who saw the $20 a hour fliers and too stupid to figure out they're being scammed until they're burned out.
The last year I was there, most new couriers quit within six months. It's hard to sell "you'll punch in at 5:15 every morning except Tuesday and Sunday (unless we bump the start time back without telling you), and if it rains in Tennessee we'll send you home with two hour's pay" to 22 year olds.