What is going on Memphis the last 3 days?

SFFX

Anyone know why oncalls were canceled on Monday and Tuesday? Also why so many flights were canceled or delayed until late afternoon? Are there new changes in Memphis?

P1 Failure

Our first Memphis flight was cancelled yesterday because they had no crew. No flight outta GSO for us today. People sick. No 2nd wave today for us. Guess they are rolling it over. Already told us we are working Saturday. Didn’t leave the bldg til after 10am.

Artee

Per manager... conference call going on tonight to decide if FDX will shut down operations for the next 5 days.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Per manager... conference call going on tonight to decide if FDX will shut down operations for the next 5 days.
2D61D288-4AD8-4566-AD73-77AB40069441.jpeg

Serf

It’s true that Hubs and Pilots are getting sick. But it’s also true that everyone is a gigantic weenie. And it’s a fever for a day or 2 and some body aches. Does anyone remember what it was like to get a cold when they were a kid?

FedUpRTD

It’s true that Hubs and Pilots are getting sick. But it’s also true that everyone is a gigantic weenie. And it’s a fever for a day or 2 and some body aches. Does anyone remember what it was like to get a cold when they were a kid?
Rona is pretty much a cold for most people. I have it right now, as well as everyone else in my household. I have had worse colds over the years. Thankfully, I am on vacation this week.

I pulled up our flights into our ramp and they have been a mess all week. I am so glad that I am not there.

SFFX

I dont know why every thread goes to antidotes and personal bias. Stick to the question that was asked and keep the personal feelings out of it. If its pilot with covid then thats it, doesn't matter what you think about covid. If it weather, then its weather, it doesn't matter if you dont like the weather. Who, what, where, why, when....not hard.

Basement Dweller

I don't know what happened but they sent EVERYTHING to the Indy Hub. Even after an eleven hour sort we still maybe got through 60% of the rollover on top of our own rollover. We ran out of room the stage it there's containers scattered everywhere throughout the Hub.
A little cold and frost and everyone panics. The massive demographic change in PHs is really showing. The moment the temps drop everyone calls in.

HedleyLamarr

The word at my station is that there is a wildcat strike going on. The pilots contract is up soon, and they are reminding FedEx that overnight shipping doesn't work without them.

yadig

The word at my station is that there is a wildcat strike going on. The pilots contract is up soon, and they are reminding FedEx that overnight shipping doesn't work without them.
That’s good news! Stand up and fight for good wages and benefits! I guess the pilots are dummies!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
So they're going to invoke a wildcat strike before they even begin negotiations? That's a dumb rumor.
Or the other rumor, which is that pilots are protesting mandatory vaccines, which aren't mandatory.
Or the truth, that omicron is running wild among flight crews of all airlines, including FedEx.

yadig

Ups and post office has announced they are working and staffed. We’ve probably just lost Richards baby, looks like cardinal is shifting heavyweight and partials to UPS in droves! That’s what I’m hearing out of Nashville.