What is L.P. thinking?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

thank you for clearing that up.

i had some time off once because of a would be lp man. it was not that the employee is innocent, and the company has to prove guilt, it was more like we think this is what has happened, and it is up to you to prove us wrong.

so i do know how some lp people operate

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

thank you for clearing that up.

i had some time off once because of a would be lp man. it was not that the employee is innocent, and the company has to prove guilt, it was more like we think this is what has happened, and it is up to you to prove us wrong.

so i do know how some lp people operate

d

Many of the LP people I have dealt with during my 20 years were wannabe cops. They are predisposed to thinking that everybody is a thief. They also are under pressure to justify their own jobs....if we are paying an LP person $60K or more a year, he had damn well better find at least $60K in losses to prevent or someone will start questioning whether or not it even makes financial sense to keep him on the payroll. If they cant find a problem to solve they will invent one.

tieguy

Banned
Dilli ,

quote]
Clearly Tie, you seem to have such a problem with me that you can't even remember who it is that you are talking to. I haven't even been here for more than 10 days. And before you go on about how you weren't using my name, everyone here knows that you always use 'dilli' when addressing me. Most everyone does. I am tired of your constant harassment. STOP

Your infatuation with me that allows you to think I have made you something special has been duly noted. If you don't like what I say when I respond to your post then the easiest thing you can do to stop this alleged "harrassment" is to not address a post to me.

By the way what does DILLIGAF stand for:happy-very: why does it not apply here?

tieguy

Banned
Tie they said the value of the phone was $400. When i look at theft i dont care about monetary value theft of a dollar is just as bad as $1,000. There was alot of bs to this case and after hearing the facts i took it to panel, and he was returned to work. Ups is not in the habit of returning theives under any conditions, so that means that labor agreed that hes not a theif!

I will be at the next court date and so will several other agents from 705 after i talked to them today. The local ius even helping him get an attorney to defend himself.

Red I don't fault you for doing your job and I admire your passion for it.
Your labor case was an easy one to win if the company could not provide concrete proof the guy knew it was hot.

With that said I do think LP Also did their job in this case with the details I have read so far.

I'm not sure what you expected them to do different in this case.

tieguy

Banned
Many of the LP people I have dealt with during my 20 years were wannabe cops. They are predisposed to thinking that everybody is a thief. They also are under pressure to justify their own jobs....if we are paying an LP person $60K or more a year, he had damn well better find at least $60K in losses to prevent or someone will start questioning whether or not it even makes financial sense to keep him on the payroll. If they cant find a problem to solve they will invent one.

Sober thats a good point and something an LP person has to guard against.

However an LP person wanting to be a policeman has nothing to do with the fact the guy was caught with a stolen blackberry.

This was a bad decision by the person who bought the phone. The LP guy did not tell him to make that decision.

Dutch Dawg

Soo..what happened to the two guys fired for originally stealing this phone as far as criminal charges? Zip...nada, zilch, nuthn?

Blackberry Curves can be had for as little as $200, unlocked, in the original box from bonafide sellers, if one looks around. It's not too perposterous to believe one would think they were entering into a legit deal to buy one slightly used from someone in need of money for $100.

For someone to believe the depth of charges are solely left to the PA, DA or whatever you wanna call the scum (oh my did I say that) in real world life leads me to believe they need to get out of the house and away from courtroom drama on the TV. Prosecution in a case like this could very easily be influenced by a corporation of this size. Go ahead and slam me for expressing such a low opinion of persecuting(sic) attorneys. My experience with them has led me to believe many are more concerned with their political future than true justice.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
sober/tie

actually he tried to get on the sheriff department part time, but couldnt pass the physical, so he volunteered in the auxiliary. they even gave him a badge which he loved to flash. but that is another subject.

the whole episode was one of the reasons why the contract now reads that only one helper per driver at a time. at the time i was using three helpers all at once. and it was the lack of oversight of what each of the helpers were doing and had done that caused the problem.

d

Mr.Brown

Red is just doing his job as a shop steward!!!, UPS is not a bad company but they dont care if the ruin some ones life all they care is about numbers!! the employee worked there for 7 years, thats a lot crap to put up with, why would quit just to drop charges. that does not help that would make him look guilty. so i say good job red, we need more stweards like you.

beefybudds

really? here it is 299 with the two year signing plan.

have yet to see where they are free. care to send me some info on a blackberry for free?

then that also poses the second question. of you can get it for free, why would someone want to sell it for 300, and the guy pay 100?

d
BlackBerrys can be free for UPS employess thru TMO with new activation or upgrade, and no more than $200 thru others.
BB

beefybudds

Blackberrys can be free to UPS employees without TMO, too!!!
LOL
Almost everything can be free for us in brown:devil3:
But im one to be the first to turn in a thief:angel2:
I have mixed emotions about this thread but one thing is that the steward fighting for this kid is something I could only wish that I could count on my steward to do.

hyena

I hope those guys who have you as a steward realize what they got! Keep fighting for what is right Red!

tieguy

Banned
Blackberry Curves can be had for as little as $200, unlocked, in the original box from bonafide sellers, if one looks around. It's not too perposterous to believe one would think they were entering into a legit deal to buy one slightly used from someone in need of money for $100.

too many people trying to alibi too many thieves. Red already said the blackberry was valued at 400 dollars meaning his guy bought a brand new blackberry at a 75 percent discount.

For someone to believe the depth of charges are solely left to the PA, DA or whatever you wanna call the scum (oh my did I say that) in real world life leads me to believe they need to get out of the house and away from courtroom drama on the TV. Prosecution in a case like this could very easily be influenced by a corporation of this size. Go ahead and slam me for expressing such a low opinion of persecuting(sic) attorneys. My experience with them has led me to believe many are more concerned with their political future than true justice.

Dawg I have quite a bit of experience in this area. I worked hand in hand with LP one year in one of my operations when thieving was rampant. We took out over 40 thieves in a six month period. I can easily tell you that its very difficult to get the police and LP to act on these low dollar barely a felony thefts. They cherry picked the ones they felt were the best cases. If they are going after this guy then there is a reason and it ain't the corporate influece of some lowly LP Guy.

tieguy

Banned
I hope those guys who have you as a steward realize what they got! Keep fighting for what is right Red!

Sigh....tell me whats right? Thievery is almost non existent if the thief does not have a buyer for his goods.

By right are you saying you support the purchasing of stolen goods?

I tell you what folks the morals of many posters here alibing the purchasing of stolen goods leads me to believe we may not have enough people working LP

hangin455

The company stated that he is in possesion of the phone so he stole it. The employee told lp, his bosses, and labor that he bought the phone in the parking lot one night. an employee approached him and several other employees trying to sell a blackberry for $300, they said no way. The employee said cmon i really need money for my family.

So my guy says i will give you a $100, the seller opened up the phone took out his sim card and handed the phone to my guy.
And didn't know the guy he bought it from got it inside? This really pushes the credibility envelope.

raceanoncr

And didn't know the guy he bought it from got it inside? This really pushes the credibility envelope.

Have you seen the quality help that is on premises today? I'm not sidin with this guy, and, albeit, I've been away from operations a number of yrs due to being on sleeper team, but coming back here daily now, my jaw drops when I look at what's in the hub!

I swear, it makes me cringe when I look at MOST of the help UPS has hired the last few yrs. What's the reason? Money, beatings (figuratively), chance (or no chance) of advancement? I don't know. It just scares me to think that some of these people are tomorrows leaders!

So,"he didn't know the guy he bought it from got it inside"? Maybe! Maybe not! Yes, I DO have a credibility issue with ALOT of people here, full-time, part-time, hourlies, management...I didn't when I started over 30 yrs ago...but I do now.

Now, for all you on here that are bustin yer hump, this doesn't apply to you so don't start bangin me.

finaddict

I hope his sorry ass is gone for good. Common sense aint so common any more and if you want to stick up for him, more power to you. I just love a union rep who keeps dead ass wood around stinking up the work of good employees. I've seen way to many pieces of :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: hanging onto the union card while they should have been long gone. Pick a real fight and let the dead wood ROT!

rod

Retired 22 years
I hope his sorry ass is gone for good. Common sense aint so common any more and if you want to stick up for him, more power to you. I just love a union rep who keeps dead ass wood around stinking up the work of good employees. I've seen way to many pieces of :censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: hanging onto the union card while they should have been long gone. Pick a real fight and let the dead wood ROT!

Don't hold it back--- tell us how you really feel:peaceful:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
you know, how we feel really does not matter. the facts are as follows

1 because of lack of evidence, he got his job back
2 at a hearing, union panel members hate thieves just like managment
3 any further hearings on the matter will take place in a court of law.
4 the way i understand the "posession of stolen goods law" you dont have to know it is stolen to be guilty.
5 if found not guilty, he should be treated just that way, not guilty. by all!
6 if found guilty, what does that mean to his job at ups? i would say nothing, as the panel found him not guilty because of the lack of evidence ups brought against him.

so lets see how it plays out!

d

705red

Browncafe Steward
Dawg I have quite a bit of experience in this area. I worked hand in hand with LP one year in one of my operations when thieving was rampant. We took out over 40 thieves in a six month period. I can easily tell you that its very difficult to get the police and LP to act on these low dollar barely a felony thefts. They cherry picked the ones they felt were the best cases. If they are going after this guy then there is a reason and it ain't the corporate influece of some lowly LP Guy.

Tie the problem we have here is the palatine police department, they dont investigate, they do what ups says. Even the cop said in court that the accused said i dont know if its stolen or not, that he guess's it could be stolen.

Other suburban police departments have stopped doing what ups says and actually investigate before throwing the cuffs on someone. And have refused to arrest.

I agree hes guilty of being in possesion of stolen goods because possesion is 9/10ths of the law. The point is he was not charged with that he was charged with stealing the phone.

If i was on trial for murder and during the court hearing i admitted that i jay walked, and was found innocent of the murder they would not find me guilty of jaywalking. Thats not the crime i was charged with.

Why? Because ups management says hes a bad guy? This could have been you! Look he bought the phone, not on ups's time, not in a ups uniform and in a parking lot that ups is not held accountable if your car is vanadlized, broken into or stolen from!

You ever have a sup that just didnt like you? by your post im sure you have pissed someone off at some point and time or you could just be a little company suck hole! Which is it?