what is starting pay for drivers?

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I was talking with our newest driver the other day about starting rate and progression. We did some quick math and he is losing almost 85-90k over 4 years of progression. His jaw dropped when he realized how much he was missing it on. That's a chunk of change for the company too.

Rack em

Made the Podium
It's probably gonna be a pretty bad one if none of the current FTers want to bid on it. Might be better to rotate routes as a cover over a loop or two.
We have a training route like that. No one bid it until the last day and it was a very low seniority guy. The worst part is that the route is even worse now than it was before because the guy is the biggest runner gunner there is. 130 used to be a heavy day on the route and now he averages 170+ every day. I cringe when I see him on vacation because I know I'll have to cover that route!

Seasonaldriver69

Hey, I'll take what I can get for now. Better then not getting in at all or pt. Peek wasn't THAT bad. Was averaging 400+ daily but alot of commercial so 30 pieces to one etc. I don't mind it. Better then wrenchin in a garage all day 10+ hrs!

km3

Hey, I'll take what I can get for now. Better then not getting in at all or pt. Peek wasn't THAT bad. Was averaging 400+ daily but alot of commercial so 30 pieces to one etc. I don't mind it. Better then wrenchin in a garage all day 10+ hrs!

Peak is easier than the rest of the year. Not saying you won't continue to enjoy it, but don't go into this expecting it to be easy compared to what you're used to already.

Seasonaldriver69

I'm used to messed up unorganized trucks, multipul routes a day, rude customers, and the air port morning run working from 5am till 7pm. Not sure how bad it can get but I'm game.