what is the point of filing a grievance.

Mr Blonde

Filing grievances has cleared up a lot of issues on our belt. Our sups usually get reemed out, and they have to do a ton of paper work. Grievances seem to be a lot more effective when you can get the rest of the folks who stick with the union to stand up around the same issue. If you file consistently, and apply pressure, especially belt wide if you work the preload, you'll see results.

probellringer

very simple- its a paper trail ...start one...filing grievances shows there is something wrong..they will fix it or pay you ..anyone that has been to arbitration knows they look for grievances filed to show that there has been wrong doing on the companies part...dont be afraid it takes time to get paid=but is so worth the wait ...the company will be writinig you checks every month - get with the program

stink219

the grievance procedure takes too long.
Lmao!! Where did this person go? They give a general opinion and never retort. What grievance did you file? What are you talking about? Is it a grievance of monetary abatement? Is it harassment? It's like making a statement like this ice cream sucks!!! WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we try to hear our grievances within 5 days from the time they are filed.rarely do they go over 7 unless a supe or b.a are off or on vacation,etc. i am thankful for the right to do so.regardless of the time its a privledge many would love.
My business agents haven't taken a vacation in 12 years.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
If you do your job, management will leave you alone.we all had to scratch to qualify

Dream on. Sounds like you're one of those "let's just get along drivers". Obviously you've never filed or had to file a grievance. If you're an ass kisser management might leave you alone, but they will take advantage of you much more easily than someone who fights back. This company has never liked employees that fight back or point out management stupidity.

Everyone else, consider it an honor that your sups don't like you. Do you really want to be friends with people like that?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I don't think too many people understand, but you have the right to be present when your grievances are heard. Take advantage of that.

ymelord

If you do your job, management will leave you alone.we all had to scratch to qualify
I do my job, if management would do their job, and follow the contract, I wouldn't file grievances. It's safe to say the rest of my career management isn't going to leave me alone, no matter how good I do, or :censored2: I kiss.