What is your favorite ODS message?

Z

ZQXC

The one that drives me mad is when they will let me know that I still have a call tag showing in EDD. No matter how busy I am, I stop the truck and send this.

"This is not my first rodeo / I know I have a call tag / I will work the call tag when I actually get to that stop"

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I love the ones that state the obvious. When it is 90 degrees with 90% humidity, "It's hot out so stay hydrated." You're walking through a foot of new snow, "It's snowing so adjust to changing conditions."

jaker

trolling
The call tag message and the what time are you retuning to building

I always put either no or when I get there

Z

ZQXC

Never gotten a message about snow, and extreme heat is not a problem because I have been coached to:

Take frequent breaks
Avoid any strenuous activity
Wear light colored clothing

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What's crazy is they can look on the computer and see where you our at to send supervisors to follow you, but want to know your ETA.

Stop for a minute and think about what you just posted. Yes, they know where you are at all times (<15 min delay) and how much work you have left, so could it be that when they ask for your ETA they already know what time that should be and want to see if your response is even remotely close to that? In other words, are they questioning your integrity?

CharleyHustle

Stop for a minute and think about what you just posted. Yes, they know where you are at all times (<15 min delay) and how much work you have left, so could it be that when they ask for your ETA they already know what time that should be and want to see if your response is even remotely close to that? In other words, are they questioning your integrity?

That's why I always widely exaggerate in my reply.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Had that happen to me. They sent me to close out a heavy pick up so I sent a revised eta about an hour later than my previous time. The on road sent me a snarky message about how that didn't make sense. This ticked me off so I sent him a 3 screen message outlining exactly how his action affected my day. This pick up is notorious for working right up to 5:00 or later so I would be there until 5:15/530. I still had stops hanging and it was getting dark with a light rain so lack of visibility was becoming a factor. I lectured him through the diad about the reality of the situation and never heard another word from him.

jr32bad

Cust can't locate package I always reply tell them to ask the dog that chased me back to my truck made he can tell where he took package

Big John

32F driver

The rain is falling & I'm wet, & they send rain in the
The call tag message and the what time are you retuning to building

I always put either no or when I get there
I tell them they have all this technology, why don't they tell me when I'm gonna return to bldg.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
What about, customer want to meet you to get there package and I never respond!

Sent using BrownCafe App
i tell them i will meet them at the center at 2045-2100.
The next message is that the customer counter will be closed then.
I tell them i will meet customer in Center parking lot at 2045-2100

rinse and repeat