What kind of car does everyone have? Year,make, and model

clean hairy

What is the least and most you have been charged for "normal wear and tear" when you turn it in?
I have heard horror stories of folks being charged insane amounts.
Sounds like they go over the car with a magnifying glass and make up crazy numbers to soak the person every last $ they can.
Happened to my Wifes Boss.
First time he leased was the last time.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I know that leasing does not make financial sense but I like driving new cars. My plan is to keep this one and pay off the residual from my 401k when I retire.

You probably should have just bought this one in the first place. It probably would have been cheaper in the long run.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Nice S-10 race. I still can't believe they stopped making that truck. Mine's been great. I'd buy a new
one tomorrow if they still made them.

I drive a 2002 S-10, it was the last year they made them. Used the discount and bought a closeout when they were clearing them out. 217K miles, haven't had a car note in ten years. Cars are very bad investments and I would rather stick money into my 401K. It has been an excellent vehicle, just normal wear and tear. I drive them until they aren't worth fixing anymore.

oldngray

nowhere special
I drive a 2002 S-10, it was the last year they made them. Used the discount and bought a closeout when they were clearing them out. 217K miles, haven't had a car note in ten years. Cars are very bad investments and I would rather stick money into my 401K. It has been an excellent vehicle, just normal wear and tear. I drive them until they aren't worth fixing anymore.

I do the same. I have a 2002 Trailblazer I plan to run until its ready for the scrap heap.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I do the same. I have a 2002 Trailblazer I plan to run until its ready for the scrap heap.
We had an '02 also. Loved that thing, except for the fuel mileage. Started having trans problems at 165,000, so we traded it in for a newer Traverse.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We had an '02 also. Loved that thing, except for the fuel mileage. Started having trans problems at 165,000, so we traded it in for a newer Traverse.
The only car we ever leased was a 2004 Trailblazer for my wife. We loved it except that 4.2L straight six engine got less than 19 MPG. We turned it in and I got her a 2008 Ford Escape. Thats the newest vehicle we have, still have no car payments.

oldngray

nowhere special
The only car we ever leased was a 2004 Trailblazer for my wife. We loved it except that 4.2L straight six engine got less than 19 MPG. We turned it in and I got her a 2008 Ford Escape. Thats the newest vehicle we have, still have no car payments.

Yeah, I have the 4.2L and get about 18 mpg. I don't drive that many miles so I can live with that.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
The trailblazer was a great little suv. The straight 6 is a great motor, except the fuel mileage. The escape is nice as well.

I'm back to having a car payment on a new HD 2500 Chevy. I traded my last one, & put a bunch of $ down on it, so the payment is cheap. Im not against a car payment or leasing. Whatever makes financial sense.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Do yourself a favor and look up the truck before opening your mouth.

How many rednecks drive around a 60k truck with 22" rims on it with rap blaring from the stereo?
60 grand for a truck & the stereo is broke & stuck playing rap music?! I hope the warranty covers that! :-)

oldngray

nowhere special
60 grand for a truck & the stereo is broke & stuck playing rap music?! I hope the warranty covers that! :-)
thats_karma_dude_640_11.jpg

Ecw21411

I put over 300,000 miles on my 1995 s10 drove it until 2006

clean hairy

Ok, I don't really have a diesel powered Pogo Stick.
I have a 1957 Edsel. Now everyone will know who I am when they pull in the parking lot Monday.